Halo Daylite series rod

Started by LgMouthGambler, June 12, 2017, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Halo Daylite rods, they are considered a budget minded rod. Pretty much alls I was looking for to srap the Conquest on. Yeah, I know, how am i gonna strap a flagship reel on a cheap rod, right? Well, this rig is for tossing topwater poppers, spooks, etc. So, a high end rod is just not what I was looking for to accomplish this.  I needed a decent built M F rod between the length of 6'6 and 7ft.

My other issue with the rod was the reel seat. I have quite a few different rods with different types of reel seats. The one that made this reel fit perfectly in hand was Fujis type 2, 2nd gen seat. So I searched for just about any rod that had that kind of seat.

I found Halo rods made a rod called the Rave. MSRP was $69.99, and had the gen 2 seat. So, I went to ebay to snoop around a bit. My search got me to a place that had the Gen 1 Daylite rod. I seen the new version, the Daylite 2, and for $99.99 MSRP looked like a decent rod too. This one particular place had the Gen 1 Daylite for $59.99 with free shipping. What the heck, why not. Sold a set of Megabass hypercorks for $40, so it cost me $20 for the rod.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

Does it have the same bright colors gen 2? Most of the rods they put out are very LOUD with color.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Here are some pictures

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

So how does the CQ feel on that rod?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on June 12, 2017, 07:57:39 PM
So how does the CQ feel on that rod?
Feels pretty good. I took it out and cast a spook on it a bit this afternoon in a pond at the complex. Feels nice and firm in the hand with the gen 2 Fuji seat. I need to get a fish on the other end to really test it. Had no problems walking a spook with it.

<")))>{

FlatsNBay

I bought the Daylite2 7-6 flipping stick last year. After using it for a while, it's just ok for me. It feels a little heavy in the hand. I definitely feel it after using it for a while. Currently it is my back up flipping stick and primary punching stick because of the action. To me it fishes more like an XH then my other flipping stick. Sensitivity is just an ok too compared to my other rods it seems. I hope that the first generation will suit your needs.

kadas

I have several Gen 1 Halo's. I am like FlatsNBay--they are heavy to use after awhile but I use my 7'6" rods for heavy flipping and punching. I really like the parabolic bend in the rods. No they are not high dollar rods but for what I use mine for which is turning heads on the fish and get it out of the heavy stuff I am pretty happy with them and would not hesitate to purchase another Halo.

Polaris425

I've got one. It's a spinner bait rod for me. I rarely throw them, so it works. I too found them on sale a few years ago, I think they were 2 for $80.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.