reel parts

Started by No Excuses, June 13, 2017, 01:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

Hey guys, great site here! Have really enjoyed looking around and reading posts on here. I have recently began to dabble a little bit in reel repair. Mostly my own and a few for some close friends. I really didn't realize how much I neglected my gear over the years. I had some issues with a couple reels last year, and then the first Thursday Nighter, (our local weekly tournament) I fished this year, I started with 7 rigs and finished with 2 functioning properly. I said all that to say I am not a guy out here trying to sneak in any advertising or anything like that. Just a small town guy working on his own stuff and trying to learn a little more about it. My question is, where do you guys get parts from? My personal gear is a few Pflueger, Pinnacle, and Quantum baitcasters, as well as a few Shimano spinners. I ordered a couple things direct from Pinnacle and they were Johnny on the spot. I placed an order with Mikes in Canada on 5/19 and it hasn't even shipped yet. Got upgraded to "pending" 11 days ago. I am looking for something reputable with faster service stateside. Any ideas?

Lipripper

Hello and welcome to Ultimate Bass. I don't work on my stuff cause I want it to work right when I use it.  lo lo LMG or Mike should be able to give you some information so just stick around and while your waiting for them to see this would you stop by here and introduce yourself to everyone. ;D
Let Us Get To Know You

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Mikes is a great place, also can try Dads ole tackle. I get a lot of Shimano parts from ereplacementparts.com . Contacting the manufacturer is a good solid thing to do for reels like Abu/Lews/BPS/Quantum/Pflueger/etc.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

No Excuses

Thanks LMG! I will check those out.

Lee Smith

Quote from: No Excuses on June 13, 2017, 03:15:15 PM
Thanks LMG! I will check those out.

Don't listen to him, he don't be knowin' nuttin' bout reels  ~roflmao

Hell, the ones he done for me want throw an inch past 1/2 a mile, his guarantee wuz a country mile, looking at gettin' my $$ back!  ~roflmao  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lee Smith on June 13, 2017, 03:23:19 PM
Don't listen to him, he don't be knowin' nuttin' bout reels  ~roflmao

Hell, the ones he done for me want throw an inch past 1/2 a mile, his guarantee wuz a country mile, looking at gettin' my $$ back!  ~roflmao  ~roflmao

This guy!^  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

Southwestern Parts & Service is my favorite- they shipped super quick and their prices were good.

Oldfart9999

For Quantum you might have to go elsewhere, they don't like carrying parts for more than a few years. ~rant ~xyz LMG gave you some good places.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.