Loose Seat Post

Started by TobbyT, June 15, 2017, 10:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobbyT

Does anyone have a good idea on how to keep the seat post from working loose ?  I can't seem to keep my seat posts tight on my new Tracker 175TXW.  I screw them in as tight as i can hand-tight, but they work loose quickly and start squeaking. 
2017 Tracker 175 TXW with Mercury 60 hp 4 stroke

Lee Smith

Quote from: TobbyT on June 15, 2017, 10:43:31 AM
Does anyone have a good idea on how to keep the seat post from working loose ?  I can't seem to keep my seat posts tight on my new Tracker 175TXW.  I screw them in as tight as i can hand-tight, but they work loose quickly and start squeaking.

slip an o'ring over the screw in shaft.
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

TobbyT

Very good idea !!   Thanks Lee !!

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Kenny F

Quote from: TobbyT on June 15, 2017, 10:43:31 AM

I thought I had the same issue - ended up that the mount on the bottome of the seat was just slightly loose causing the squeak.

TobbyT

In my case, Lee hit the nail on the head.  I put the O rings on and everything stays nice and tight with on squeaks !!

Oldfart9999

It's good when a plan comes together!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: TobbyT on June 28, 2017, 12:23:18 PM
In my case, Lee hit the nail on the head.  I put the O rings on and everything stays nice and tight with on squeaks !!
Yelp Lee isn't just another pretty face.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet