Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Half-price Yamamoto Soft Plastics  (Read 765 times)

inNOTof

• Ultimate Basser
  • Prov 3:5-6
Half-price Yamamoto Soft Plastics
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »

Well, we all know how expensive Senko's are, right? I pay $8.99 a bag for mine.

Here's how to cut that price in 1/2. FLIP IT, it's as simple as that! FLIP IT!! I throw a ton of Senkos/5" hula grubs. When I have used it so much that I rip a slice in the top of the senko or hula skirt from my hook, all I do is take the senko/hula grub completely off and then rig it from the opposite end. You wouldn't believe how the skirt of the hula grub then imitates the pinchers/antennas of a crawdad. Now, you are getting twice the use out of the lure.

Sorry, Gary....stocks just went down.  :)
PRO-STAFF for Kistler, Strike King, Yamamoto, Roboworm, Solar Bat, KOPPERS Live-TARGET, McCoy, Mizmo, All-Terrain Jigs, Plano and Diachii....SFVU.com.

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
Re: Half-price Yamamoto Soft Plastics
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »

Thanks for bring up the tip. ~c~  I too always turn around a bait if the nose gets torn up.  I will also bite off a 1/4 or 1/2 an inch, if the nose gets torn.  They work just as good on the recycle as they do when new.  I know back seaters that throw them away when they get a little torn.  If I find them in the boat, I will recycle their discards.  Definitely helps me with the overall cost of plastics.. :-*
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »

Thanks for bring up the tip. ~c~  I too always turn around a bait if the nose gets torn up.  I will also bite off a 1/4 or 1/2 an inch, if the nose gets torn.  They work just as good on the recycle as they do when new.  I know back seaters that throw them away when they get a little torn.  If I find them in the boat, I will recycle their discards.  Definitely helps me with the overall cost of plastics.. :-*
I do that with my worms as well, but it doesn't work so well with my flukes; once you bite off or cut a chunk from the nose, it really changes the action. I have experimented with dipping used ones in boiling water, and it does mend the holes a bit, but not completely. I go through a lot of flukes; does anyone have any recycling tips for them?

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »

Big G taught me that little trick. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. But I have done it a few times.

This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:17:07 AM »

We melt them down and pour new ones. They work every bit as good.
If you need me I'm outdoors.

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »

I do that with my worms as well, but it doesn't work so well with my flukes; once you bite off or cut a chunk from the nose, it really changes the action. I have experimented with dipping used ones in boiling water, and it does mend the holes a bit, but not completely. I go through a lot of flukes; does anyone have any recycling tips for them?

When talking about a zoom fluke, once the nose is torn up I consider them done.  I once fished with a guy that wacky rigged the torn ones and did quite well that day, just letting it free fall and then jerking off the bottom, and dying again..   If there is a lot of grass, I will put a very light 1/32 bullet weight to help save the nose of the fluke while coming through the grass.  The small bullet weight deflects the grass while still allowing the fluke to do its dance.  Any heavier a bullet weight changes the action of the bait too much for my liking, and it restricts  the side to side walking action between pauses.  I do love flukes, and they cast a mile.
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 34 queries.