Fishing the Bucket List

Started by Bud Kennedy, June 19, 2017, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

A few years back, the number one lake on my realistic bucket list was Lake Guntersville.  Along came the chance to fish the big G at the UB Rally.  It was such a great experience not only with the fishing but meeting other UB members.  It was so much fun that sure enough I had to go back for a second visit last year.  Well here it is again.  Time to sign up in the rally forum for what will be my third Ultimate Bass Guntersville Rally.  I guess I cannot still claim it as a bucket list lake but for sure it is one of my favorites.  Not only for the fishing but just experiencing all the fun at the Rally.

Everyone probably has a bucket list lake on their list but I would bet the Guntersville would most like make the top ten.  One day I would like to try out places like Falcon Lake or perhaps one of those special lakes in Mexico.  Some of my best memories are from my annual visits to the wilds of Ontario and I think another visit up that way would be great to do just one more time.

If anyone is interested in Fishing the UB Rally at Guntersville, the sign up list is posted in the rally forum.  This my friends is so much more than fishing, It is an adventure that you will remember forever.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Va_Hawghunter

Quote from: Lee Smith on June 19, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
We fish  :-\  ~beer~  ~roflmao
When did we start doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is nothing like time on the water.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lee Smith on June 19, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
We fish  :-\  ~beer~  ~roflmao
You get a chance to learn how to speak Mississippi. lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

I don't have bucket list lakes anymore cause every time I went to one of them the weather got bad and the fishing wasn't that good.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

G-ville is top of the list for me but I'm scratching it off in October  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Nutt

Guntersville is definitely on my bucket list.  I am trying to go in October for the rally, but that depends on a couple of things falling into place just right.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Lipripper

Quote from: Nutt on June 22, 2017, 11:14:42 AM
Guntersville is definitely on my bucket list.  I am trying to go in October for the rally, but that depends on a couple of things falling into place just right.
I would like to go also but I don't travel well anymore  :'(

Nutt

Quote from: Lipripper on June 22, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
I would like to go also but I don't travel well anymore  :'(
Traveling isn't the problem for me.  We are putting my house on the market and my wife already has one picked out for us.  Hopefully everything happens fast and I will be able to make the trip. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Lipripper

Quote from: Nutt on June 23, 2017, 07:39:24 AM
Traveling isn't the problem for me.  We are putting my house on the market and my wife already has one picked out for us.  Hopefully everything happens fast and I will be able to make the trip.
Buying and selling houses can be a long drawn out thing. Hope it all goes smooth for y'all and happens fast.