New Curado K

Started by LgMouthGambler, June 26, 2017, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j102

j102

Shimano is doing a good job with the marketing campaign.

rockchalk06

Shimano screwed up the video. Goes from 2006 with the E series, to 2008 with the E series and then skips the G series straight to the I.........

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 12, 2017, 01:14:50 PM
Shimano screwed up the video. Goes from 2006 with the E series, to 2008 with the E series and then skips the G series straight to the I.........
Or did they?? Hmmm... lol!!

ccr425

Looks like I bit......

rockchalk06

I take it you got in on the Tackle Warehouse early pre-order? I did the Tackle Trap pre-order and I think they didn't get the first round of reels like TW did.

What do you think?

ccr425

My local shop got a hold of three somehow. It looks and feels good in the hand. I'll have a report tonight or tomorrow. I'm headed to the waterhole now.

rockchalk06

Quote from: ccr425 on July 26, 2017, 03:50:28 PM
My local shop got a hold of three somehow. It looks and feels good in the hand. I'll have a report tonight or tomorrow. I'm headed to the waterhole now.

Good deal. I'm very interested in how you like it.

ccr425

Fish #1 on the new combo. DC735C/CU200K xg.

LgMouthGambler

Well now. Thats one helluva way to break in a combo. Nice job brother!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on July 26, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

Heck yeah!! Sa-weet!! Good job bud!!

j102

Quote from: ccr425 on July 26, 2017, 03:16:39 PM
Looks like I bit......

Nice! I like that black finish/paint.

j102

Quote from: ccr425 on July 26, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

Niceeeee!

fishballer06

I'm jealous of all you right handed guys...
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

rockchalk06

ccr425,

What kind of distance were you getting with the K? I assume hollow bodied frog? Any noise on the cast?

Does the SVS have an audible click on the dial like the CHMGL?

ccr425

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 27, 2017, 08:06:12 AM
ccr425,

What kind of distance were you getting with the K? I assume hollow bodied frog? Any noise on the cast?

Does the SVS have an audible click on the dial like the CHMGL?
I don't have it completely dialed in yet, but I would say around 30 yards max. That's with a horny toad and Gamy 6/0 super line swimbait hook. I'll flush and re-lube the spool bearings tonight and that should help with the effort required to make most casts and maybe a little more distance. My settings are 2 blocks on and 2 blocks off internally and 5.5 on the external wheel. I'm gonna try 3 blocks on and a lower number on the wheel next.

rockchalk06

Quote from: ccr425 on July 27, 2017, 10:02:17 AM
I don't have it completely dialed in yet, but I would say around 30 yards max. That's with a horny toad and Gamy 6/0 super line swimbait hook. I'll flush and re-lube the spool bearings tonight and that should help with the effort required to make most casts and maybe a little more distance. My settings are 2 blocks on and 2 blocks off internally and 5.5 on the external wheel. I'm gonna try 3 blocks on and a lower number on the wheel next.

Do you put your CCC to just stop the side to side or tighter?

ccr425

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 27, 2017, 11:28:12 AM
Do you put your CCC to just stop the side to side or tighter?
Just stop the play without being snug.

rockchalk06

Quote from: ccr425 on July 27, 2017, 11:42:46 AM
Just stop the play without being snug.

Gotcha. Hopefully the bearings being flushed will help. Most of the videos have been showing 40 plus.

j102

Quote from: ccr425 on July 27, 2017, 10:02:17 AM
My settings are 2 blocks on and 2 blocks off internally and 5.5 on the external wheel. I'm gonna try 3 blocks on and a lower number on the wheel next.

I am no expert, but I was told to go even on the brake blocks (2 on and 2 off, or all 4 on, or none).
With your current settings you should get a good distance. Perhaps it needs a cleaning and lube.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: j102 on July 27, 2017, 01:18:40 PM
I am no expert, but I was told to go even on the brake blocks (2 on and 2 off, or all 4 on, or none).
With your current settings you should get a good distance. Perhaps it needs a cleaning and lube.

With the VBS it was a very good idea to keep a more balanced rotating mass. Some have said that the SVS in the way it works that it wont matter. I still am an avid believer in that balance is power.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 27, 2017, 01:38:41 PM
With the VBS it was a very good idea to keep a more balanced rotating mass. Some have said that the SVS in the way it works that it wont matter. I still am an avid believer in that balance is power.

This is true. More so with the older Centrifugal 6 tab Shimano's. I've messed with 1 and 3 on the new Infinity braking system and don't notice much. Granted I'm not using that heavy of baits on them and whipping the dog shat out of a cast either. One would assume that over time, keeping it balanced would prolong the life of the spool/tabs/race?

ccr425

I call bs. My E series reels have 1 block on and cast better than 2 blocks on. Metaniums cast better 1 out of 6 also. I've read the same about even numbers and tried both ways without problems.

rockchalk06

Here is another long video on the 200k. I like this guys videos. He knows just enough to make him knowledgeable but no cockyness.

https://youtu.be/OYiWkyOWbPY