Everglades to Okeechobee

Started by SFL BassHunter, June 27, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Looks like the Everglades flooding has caused them to pump UP to Okeechobee instead of what we experienced last year where they pumped down from Okeechobee.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-pn-everglades-flooding-lake-okeechobee-pumping-20170626-story.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Contentutm_content=59518aeb04d30172b54abee3utm_medium=trueAnthemutm_source=twitter

Sorry Lou, can you move this into the FL Chat? I dun fudged up.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Sorry to hear this Rick and all them chemicals going in Okeechobee can't be a good thing.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Yall didnt notice the Pump station by Slims pumping into the lake? Part of the churning water condition.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 27, 2017, 11:02:09 AM
Yall didnt notice the Pump station by Slims pumping into the lake? Part of the churning water condition.

Wasn't sure if it was pumping in or out. But we did see activity there.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on June 27, 2017, 11:05:49 AM
Wasn't sure if it was pumping in or out. But we did see activity there.

You can tell by looking at the flow of the water.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 27, 2017, 11:06:47 AM
You can tell by looking at the flow of the water.  lo

Guess I wasn't paying much attention to it.
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on June 27, 2017, 11:07:22 AM
Guess I wasn't paying much attention to it.

Too busy cursing at the lost fish.  ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 27, 2017, 11:07:58 AM
Too busy cursing at the lost fish.  ~roflmao

There were no lost fish...there were no bites to begin with lol.
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

Beside the politants, one thing that will do to the lake is churn up the sediment on the bottom.  Sections of the lake will look like chocolate milk!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: big g on June 27, 2017, 01:05:54 PM
Beside the politants, one thing that will do to the lake is churn up the sediment on the bottom.  Sections of the lake will look like chocolate milk!

They already do.
Florida Bass Fishing