to all the closet kastking users

Started by scfisher, July 10, 2017, 09:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Ddyyak on July 17, 2017, 04:14:14 PM
I've purchase 4 of their baitcasters and I've been quite pleased. If money was no object would I buy $200 reels instead, absolutely. But for a lot of us money is an object. At the price point I think they perform quite well. They have done nothing to intice me to write this review. Now time will tell on durability but I'm not a tourney fisherman so may have different expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting as this is your 1st post??????
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Ddyyak

Yeah figured that would be someone's response, I've just been lurking out here waiting to join and pounce on the First kast king post that would pop up. I'm just a fisherman from Tennessee and this was my first post. I figured the attacks would begin. Look I'm giving an honest opinion on my experience. Do with it what you want.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Ddyyak on July 17, 2017, 07:57:44 PM
Yeah figured that would be someone's response, I've just been lurking out here waiting to join and pounce on the First kast king post that would pop up. I'm just a fisherman from Tennessee and this was my first post. I figured the attacks would begin. Look I'm giving an honest opinion on my experience. Do with it what you want.

Thats fine. But we have a section on this forum to introduce yourself. I suggest you try that first to be taken more seriously.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Ddyyak

Fair enough, I will. Just felt a bit AA to me "hi I'm Dave and I Bass Fish" I understand your skepticism.

Mike Cork

Quote from: Ddyyak on July 17, 2017, 09:22:28 PM
Fair enough, I will. Just felt a bit AA to me "hi I'm Dave and I Bass Fish" I understand your skepticism.

I hate that it makes you feel that way but in reality we are all addicts, to fishing :-* So, yes start your post with, Hi, I'm a addict  ~shade you will be well received. We do enjoying reading a little about you.

Thanks for the input on the reels. You say your not a tournament angler so... About how many hours do you think you've got on them? Which techniques are you using them for? IE a reel used for a frog gets a lot more long casts and retrieves than a reel used for pitching. Just looking for some durability info.

I'm a shimano guy all the way and will never change that, but curious as I've never heard of this brand until about a month ago.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

hubcap91

At least they aren't as bad as Favorite Fishing. They use the same OEM and Favorite charges double. I still will never have either when I can get a Revo or PT for $100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Don't worry. First step is admitting you have a problem. I still haven't recovered. Lol

<")))>{

Pferox

Ya know, there was a time when anything that came from Japan was getting the same cheap foreign made hype people are doing to Chinese products.

We are seeing the slow transition from junk products to decent quality, to eventually, the "I gotta have a CDM reel" mantra, so don't knock 'em unless you have tried them.

Malaysia is the new China for low quality cheap stuff, and in years to come this discussion will have the players changed again.

As I stated before, I have a few Cast King reels and they have worked well for me in the year or two of limited saltwater use I was fortunate to do with them.  I got them from Bang Good on a good price just before I got sick.

AND most of the big name reel manufacturers are using similar designs and selling them for much more than what Cast Kings cost.  So many are on par with the lower tiered reels from the names we are so used to hearing from.

I see Cast King becoming another name we will be seeing more as the years go on.

Welcome to the site Ddyyak, you are a member here and you can post wherever you have access to.  The only rules are the ones posted in each forum and the general rules posted in their own place.  I'm looking forward to seeing your posts all over the place.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Oldfart9999

Not to worry, we all have the bug to one degree or another! Some of us have other sickness also!! lo lo ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Jared LeBlue

Well Kast King put a reel in Icast this year and it looks decent. The main thing is it has something like a 9.3:1 ratio which they are claiming is fastest reel on the market. The one thing that chaps me about KastKing and some of the other products coming out of China right now is their failure to disclose if the reel has a composite or metal frame. I did find one a while back that had an aluminum frame and I bought it just to try it. It's a nice reel. It cast great and is pretty smooth. It is a little on the heavy side but that's really no big deal to me. I paid something like $45 for it so if it craps out I'll just chunk it but if last a few years I think it well worth the money.

If you can find out that Kastking you are wanting has a metal frame I would say go for it. I stay away from composite frame reels not to say that they are horrible but you are more likely to have trouble with a composite frame reel than a metal frame reel.
Ardent Prostaff

FISH520

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 10, 2017, 10:41:57 AM
I write reviews on every product I buy from them. I get contacted daily by some damn fly by night company looking for positive reviews for their electronics products. Each say "For a thorough glowing review, we will ship you X product for free?  That speaks volumes.

To the OP, Kasking or whatever it's called is absolute horseshit. You're better off getting an H2O house brand reel or a blister pack Abu. Just because a certain shit forum is pushing that crap like it's Gods gift to fisherman, means nothing to people with half a brain.
I just scrolled thru some threads on said forum. Good god they are pumping the crap out of that brand. Its's a real shame that a person that is new to fishing or just baitcasters would get sucked into that.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FISH520 on July 18, 2017, 01:45:32 PM
I just scrolled thru some threads on said forum. Good god they are pumping the crap out of that brand. Its's a real shame that a person that is new to fishing or just baitcasters would get sucked into that.

Lotta bad info on that site.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 18, 2017, 02:01:57 PM
Lotta bad info on that site.

I've spent the last hour searching topics related to these reels. The amount of folks having issues is astounding. Remember the Carrot Stick #carrotstickgate issues several years ago when no one could get ahold of their CS for warranty issues? I lost count at 15 issues where it took guys over a month to get through to the kastking CS. Every single post that has a user with a less than positive tone leaving a comment, is followed by a moderator with some rude ass comment on how it must be the user's fault followed by "Mines been a wonderful reel" or "I liked it so much, I put it on a high end rod" . GTFO man. I can put a turd on my GLX and it doesn't make the turd anything less than just that. A turd!

It's amazing what people will say or do for a few bucks.

FISH520

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 18, 2017, 02:19:55 PM
I've spent the last hour searching topics related to these reels. The amount of folks having issues is astounding. Remember the Carrot Stick #carrotstickgate issues several years ago when no one could get ahold of their CS for warranty issues? I lost count at 15 issues where it took guys over a month to get through to the kastking CS. Every single post that has a user with a less than positive tone leaving a comment, is followed by a moderator with some rude ass comment on how it must be the user's fault followed by "Mines been a wonderful reel" or "I liked it so much, I put it on a high end rod" . GTFO man. I can put a turd on my GLX and it doesn't make the turd anything less than just that. A turd!

A reel worthy of a high-end rod! ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 18, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

Speaking of money. Did you happen to catch the clip of Mark Zona talking about his Daiwa deal? He sounded like he was very happy with wearing the Daiwa logo.

rockchalk06

Quote from: FISH520 on July 18, 2017, 02:26:10 PM

That one made me laugh a bit.

I understand, not everyone can afford 100-400 on a reel. There was a time where I couldn't afford much more than a Quantum Iron round reel. I think I paid like 40 bucks at walmart for it. It wasn't the best, but it worked. My one issue I had with the reel was met with some pretty decent CS.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 18, 2017, 02:32:10 PM
Speaking of money. Did you happen to catch the clip of Mark Zona talking about his Daiwa deal? He sounded like he was very happy with wearing the Daiwa logo.

Not yet. I did see where he posted a few pictures of him in Daiwa gear officially saying he was with them now.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FISH520 on July 18, 2017, 02:26:10 PM

You never know, they may tap into the JDM market. Some plastic that is hydrodipped with carbon fiber looking image.  :-* Could be the new "it" thing.  lo

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 18, 2017, 02:32:10 PM
Say it ain't so.  :shocking: You mean the Daiwa that didn't win any awards at ICast this year! That mean old Shimano  lo
Daiwa must suck give me a bucket for several hundred dammit. ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 18, 2017, 03:08:57 PM
You never know, they may tap into the JDM market. Some plastic that is hydrodipped with carbon fiber looking image.  :-* Could be the new "it" thing.  lo

LOL I think shishmano is already doing something similar with the carbon fiber looking image. Saw an add on my facebook the other day the reel was red carbonfiber. The comments were hilarious. Of course you had the fake comments and the funny thing is it was a scripted review.
They all said "I've bought two of these and had them for two years!" Apparently every single person that owns a shishmano has bought 2 and had them for 2 years.
Then there were the poor saps that actually bought into the "good reviews". Meanwhile anyone who has ever heard of SHIMANO is on there going "These are not Shimano reels, they are fake knockoffs!"

Quite funny stuff.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Mike Cork

The bass fishing market is growing so fast. The numbers of new anglers in the industry is exponentially larger than those of us that have been around a while.

So a play on names, even on models can create sales... This takes us back to the core of why Laurie started UB so many years ago, the sharing of quality information. Not only in local fishing waters, but in equipment, techniques and meeting a friend in a distant state you might be visiting :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on July 18, 2017, 04:59:10 PM
LOL I think shishmano is already doing something similar with the carbon fiber looking image. Saw an add on my facebook the other day the reel was red carbonfiber. The comments were hilarious. Of course you had the fake comments and the funny thing is it was a scripted review.
They all said "I've bought two of these and had them for two years!" Apparently every single person that owns a shishmano has bought 2 and had them for 2 years.
Then there were the poor saps that actually bought into the "good reviews". Meanwhile anyone who has ever heard of SHIMANO is on there going "These are not Shimano reels, they are fake knockoffs!"

Quite funny stuff.
I had a discussion with a few younguns on IG about how they were Chinese reels that were shipped overseas. They were convinced they werent, and they only sold them online and thats why they are soo cheap. Lol. Kids. They believe anything.

<")))>{

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 18, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
Kids. They believe anything.

<")))>{
You should look up Millennial on the Urban Dictionary for a laugh. I don't know who is more delusional the kids or the outfit that does the Urban Dictionary website.

scfisher

Wow, gone for a few days and this thread takes off.  You know, the "other" forum that pushes their sponsors isn't a whole lot different than this forum pushing its sponsors.  The big difference I see is their sponsor, Kast King, isn't an American company(and likely isn't high on the quality department either). 

By the way, got my pflueger reel in and put it on my new rod and it sure is a sweet set up.  So excited to go out and use it this weekend.  This is truthfully my first, what I would consider, high end rod/reel combo. 

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: scfisher on July 19, 2017, 09:47:55 AM
Wow, gone for a few days and this thread takes off.  You know, the "other" forum that pushes their sponsors isn't a whole lot different than this forum pushing its sponsors.  The big difference I see is their sponsor, Kast King, isn't an American company(and likely isn't high on the quality department either). 

By the way, got my pflueger reel in and put it on my new rod and it sure is a sweet set up.  So excited to go out and use it this weekend.  This is truthfully my first, what I would consider, high end rod/reel combo.

Negative sir. They are on a whole different level/.