wires

Started by tracker bill, July 11, 2017, 06:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker bill

i have a 2014 tracker targa v18 combo want to install bow mount fish finder are there pre run wires for this if so do you know what colors. thanks

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard Bill! My Tracker was much older and had a lot of wiring from previous owners, so I'm not much help. I did dig this up.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

gatorglenn

Not sure on your boat but all of the PT series are pre-wired  So my guess would be yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

Oldfart9999

Welcome aboard Bill!!! Check out the new members contest, you could win a nice prize!!!
There should be wiring there, you cantact Tracker service and ask for a wiring diagram for your boat, if they have it they will email it to and you can print it out. I did that for my 95 PRO DEEPV, they also sent me other info for it.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Thornback

My 2005 17.5 Tracker purchased new was pre-wired for a bow mount fish finder. It's easy enough to remove the bow panel and check. Good luck.

Oldfart9999

Whether you have to run wires or not use the fuse that comes with your electronics.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pondprowlers

On newer Pro Team models yes there is an extra 12 setup in the front. I would not recommend using it. My dealer would not install my humminbird to that power either as its run off the fuse panel and not directly to the battery. Humminbird states to run direct to battery. I wanted a clean power wire ran for install so i opted to pay for it to be done, even tho i could have easily done it.

basss

I agree with pondprowlers, run the wires straight to the battery with a fuse as close to the battery as you can.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard