Rod for the Scorpion Antares

Started by LgMouthGambler, July 11, 2017, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortman

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 12, 2017, 03:21:01 PM
Listen here man........If ya'll don't stop with this Megabass Rod nonsense, I'm going to have to end up buying one lo

I will be needing a rod for my Curado 200K XG when it comes.

Yes you do need one. :) I can't say how a guy who owns and uses custom rods would react to them, but I know in my experience they are by far the best in looks, quality and performance.

Matt, the monoblock is awesome but I have to draw the line somewhere.  lo

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on July 12, 2017, 06:23:12 PM
Yes you do need one. :) I can't say how a guy who owns and uses custom rods would react to them, but I know in my experience they are by far the best in looks, quality and performance.

Matt, the monoblock is awesome but I have to draw the line somewhere.  lo

I've spoiled myself with Customs, Loomis and St. Croix rods. Only have two Dobyns rods left. Some of the MB looks great but I'm a full cork handle guy. I wish more of their models had them.

How's the EVA stuff? My last two EVA rods were absolute junk. Veritas gen 1 and Crucial Gen 2.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 12, 2017, 06:20:02 PM
You use it to catch fish, duh. Lol

<")))>{

And a 1300 dollar reel does it better than a 300 dollar reels how? ;)

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 12, 2017, 07:41:16 PM

Style. You look good while doing it.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: FISH520 on July 12, 2017, 03:26:16 PM
Any word on the new Curado rods? I'm liking the look for sure. I think i read somewhere that they are going to be $160.

Just seen this on FB. https://www.facebook.com/fishshimano/videos/1452828431445744/

Basically the Curado Rod is going to replace the Crucial which is an already great rod. Full cork grip. 16 casting models and a few spinning. Cranking, Jig up to punching.

Crucial's have been known to run close to the powers too. I can't tell the color of the frost part of the blank, but the rest is bare no paint. Reel seat hood looks good too. I'll definitely be getting one

FISH520

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 12, 2017, 07:41:16 PM

The fish just  feeeel how awesome you are with that reel. They also  feeeel sorry for you cause if you don't catch them then you and your family won't eat, because you spent all your damn money  on a damn reel.
BUT IT SURE IS PERTTY!😍

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

fishandkamp

LMG my wife and I have some Sierra and Champion XP rods that we love.  Today I met up with a member off another board. He had a Kistler rod with a Chronarch MGL on it. That was my first time to play with one of those. The rod I liked, but after owning my Tatulas, and Tat CTs I was a bit disappointed with the MGL. He was having trouble casting without a birds nest. I got that adjusted easily so it cast way better.  I still preferred my Daiwas.

He found a deal on a Dobyns rod from one of the boards. He saved a bunch of money off new, but it still was in packaging and had the tags on it.  It was a 703SF but in the Dobyns Champion Extreme series. Wow that is a great rod.  It had a Daiwa BG on it. I have to say I was impressed by the jump up from my XPs to the Extreme series.

Go ahead we will all watch you as you make the great leap to a Champion Extreme.   :) :)   

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 12, 2017, 03:43:43 PM
Oh, come on, its only money.  lo

You're right...it is only money.  Therefore, with all the reels I bought from you and rock...you both ought to chip in and buy me one of them new fangled megabass rods!!
BeerMe

rockchalk06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on July 12, 2017, 09:58:26 PM
You're right...it is only money.  Therefore, with all the reels I bought from you and rock...you both ought to chip in and buy me one of them new fangled megabass rods!!

Or you could sell me the 2nd to last one you bought

cojab

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 12, 2017, 10:05:15 PM

lo lo
Damn you want that one bad. But you know what it's going to cost you!!
TTK has spoken.

loomisguy

I believe ARK is introducing a rod in the $ 100 range at ICAST . I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I have had the 7 ft 3 Mag MH Invoker for several months and its really good. I've used for everything from buzzbaits to pitching brush hogs. The blank reminds me of the older GLX 844 at $149.
They are putting out some great rods at reasonable prices.

LgMouthGambler

Ill take the HLC.  :)
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

Ya know if you are looking for something like a 735CB I have a deal for you.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on July 13, 2017, 09:37:58 AM
Ya know if you are looking for something like a 735CB I have a deal for you.

Is that a glass rod? and which model?

cortman

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 13, 2017, 10:47:58 AM
Is that a glass rod? and which model?

Yes, the Champion XP, and I just traded it for a Core MG, sorry. You guys like the Core reels, right? I know nothing about them except I know Rockchalk likes them.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on July 13, 2017, 12:57:43 PM
Yes, the Champion XP, and I just traded it for a Core MG, sorry. You guys like the Core reels, right? I know nothing about them except I know Rockchalk likes them.

No glass for me bubba. Think Im gonna wait till October and check the EX6 rods out. Play around with a few of them with the reel in my hands.

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on July 13, 2017, 12:57:43 PM

Greatest reel ever made man. Magnesium spool and frame. Light and adds to the overall sensitivity. The MG's 6 gear is perfect for moving baits, shallow to mid depth cranking and anything else really. 26 IPT.

I love them to death.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 13, 2017, 02:10:17 PM

Greatest reel ever made man. Magnesium spool and frame. Light and adds to the overall sensitivity. The MG's 6 gear is perfect for moving baits, shallow to mid depth cranking and anything else really. 26 IPT.

I love them to death.

He looooooves the D.  lo

Down4ttown

Just got me a Zillion 2.5 rod off TT. Excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cortman

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 13, 2017, 02:10:17 PM

I love them to death.

Sweet! I may have to keep this one. It's got a bit of rash but has box and papers. Might be a good candidate for a repaint and customization.

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on July 13, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
Sweet! I may have to keep this one. It's got a bit of rash but has box and papers. Might be a good candidate for a repaint and customization.

Could always keep the box and papers, then sale the reel? I'm doing that with the JDM version of that reel. Then when a gem comes up with no box, you hit bank.

Core 100MG's are still easy to find in good shape. The 7's are getting harder and harder to find.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on July 13, 2017, 03:11:42 PM

Could always keep the box and papers, then sale the reel? I'm doing that with the JDM version of that reel. Then when a gem comes up with no box, you hit bank.

Core 100MG's are still easy to find in good shape. The 7's are getting harder and harder to find.

Nothing a simple gear swap cant fix.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

caddyjoe77

lo lo

No Sir, you know what the fair trade value is on that!!

Starts with an F and ends with a V.  Or a whiny one maybe........mayyyyybe
BeerMe

cortman

A 6 speed was what I would have preferred anyway. I'll have to see. I am kind of interested in trying a paint job myself.