Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).  (Read 2359 times)

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
Re: Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »

Secret spots! lol.  ~tumble ~tumble ~tumble
Lou he said I have secret spots lol!!!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
That is pretty funny.
Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »

I was at Walmart today and they have the 250/300 yards spools of the Yozuri Hybrid lines for $9-$12.
It seems too low priced compared to what I've seen at Bass Pro or Dick's.
Is the spool Walmart sells the same quality?
Something I've seen come up in gun boards, people like to bash the quality of "walmart guns".
There's this misconception out there that guns sold through Walmart are of sub par quality compared to the same makes and models sold through other retailers.
This simply isn't true with guns, and I suspect it isn't with other items as well.
With guns, you can find a lower price at walmart because of "dealer exclusives". In this case, the manufacturer may cut costs by sending Walmart guns with cheaper wood stocks, or forgoing a nice plastic case and sending a cardboard box, or sending a pared down package such as a shotgun without extra choke tubes or tube wrench.
But the actual gun is the exact same as what you'd find elsewhere. I've had people argue this. A metallurgist trying to tell me he's studied the compositions of the steels and that walmart guns are made with poorer quality metals.
I asked him to explain to me why a manufacturer would go through the trouble and expense of specifically using poorer quality metals and then offering the same warranty. Then I contacted Marlin, Remington, Ruger, and Savage. They all had the same response; The whole idea is utter BS. A Remington customer service rep pointed out to me that to do this, they'd need an entirely separate manufacturing facility.

So, same quality as the exact same stuff you'd find elsewhere? My money would say YES.
Be aware though, the quality of storage and handling by the retailer may differ. Walmart COULD put things on sale because it'd been forgotten about in the warehouse and been sitting there for two years. But, it's more likely if that were to happen, it'd be written off as a loss instead of sold.

All that being said, I just picked up some P-line copolymer from Academy for 5.99 per 300 yard spool. Don't know if it suits your needs, but I like the stuff.

j102

• Lunker
Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »

SteelHorse,
That was my concern. In the case of guns, like you said, the steel and the gun itself is the same, but the wood could be of cheaper quality.
If we use that same analogy for fishing lines, they could be mislabeled (like a 6 lbs been labeled as a 8 lbs) or something like that, or perhaps not fully quality tested. I don't know.
The line is the same, but now you are fishing with what you think is a higher lbs-test of what it really is.

j102

• Lunker
Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »

SteelHorse,

I forgot to mention the P-line Floroclear line. Yes, I bought a spool at BPS the other day and I am still playing with it, but it seems strong.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:48:56 PM by j102 »

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »

SteelHorse,
That was my concern. In the case of guns, like you said, the steel and the gun itself is the same, but the wood could be of cheaper quality.
If we use that same analogy for fishing lines, they could be mislabeled (like a 6 lbs been labeled as a 8 lbs) or something like that, or perhaps not fully quality tested. I don't know.
The line is the same, but now you are fishing with what you think is a higher lbs-test of what it really is.

With my gun reference, it's not so much that you'd find a flawed walnut stock, you'd find a different wood entirely, or even synthetics. This is not some mistake, and it's not an attempt to mislead the customer.

As for mislabeling, this is also no more likely than at any other retailer.
Let's say Stren packs ten pallets of 8 pound whatever. And then the final QC inspector says, oh hell, this is 6 pound line, not 8...
They're not going to say, "oops! Oh well, send it to Walmart!"
First off, Walmart will, and has, dropped distributors for crap like that.
But not only that, it harms the manufacturer's reputation too. Walmart doesn't do the labeling, the manufacturer does.
It's FAR more likely that, if a mislabeling has occurred, retailer and manufacturer are going to try to rectify the situation before it has a chance to create a negative impact on their consumer base.

j102

• Lunker
Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 08:28:08 AM »

Yeah, it makes sense that would they do their best to fix it.
In the same gun related topic, you are right, I have bought plenty of ammo from Walmart and they have all been great.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:47:10 AM by j102 »

1ReelFanatik

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »

You must be right. I think Bass Pro and DSG carry the pure fluorocarbon Yozuri line, not the Hybrid line.
I am looking at using it as a leader. I use PP braid as the main line.
I was concerned as sometimes Walmart carries "second hand" products.
I would like to test this Yozuri Hybrid against the P-Line Floroclear line in overall strength and knot strength.

Please report back your findings.  I picked up some 10# Fluoroclear at Dick's and spooled it on a reel I took to Florida for use on a MF rod.  I felt the line broke too easily.  I had a couple spare reels so this one came off the rod as soon as we got back to the house.

j102

• Lunker
Yozuri Hybrid (Walmart).
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

Please report back your findings.  I picked up some 10# Fluoroclear at Dick's and spooled it on a reel I took to Florida for use on a MF rod.  I felt the line broke too easily.  I had a couple spare reels so this one came off the rod as soon as we got back to the house.

Well, I didn't buy the Yozuri line.
As of now I have the P-Line Fluoroclear in 25 lbs/test and will try to buy the Seaguar Red Label line in 20-30 lbs/test before I go fishing again.
I am planning a couple of fishing trips this week and will bring both lines, just in case, to use as a leader (not main line).
You are the third person that say that P-Line Fluoroclear broke easy. I used it the other day around the city canals with my kids and didn't have any issues. But I am a little concerned now.
We were using the 25 lbs/test. Maybe the heavier lines are stronger.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:10:54 PM by j102 »

MassBassin508

• Smallmouth
  • Skunkproof
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »

I used 12# YZ on my swim jig rod . Never had the line break on me. It breaks much higher than its rating. I would fish this line with confidence. Sometimes you can find it at Walmart on clearance for 5.00.
Fish,Eat,Sleep......Rinse and Repeat.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.