NEWBOOT

Started by GripRipsLips, July 17, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GripRipsLips

Hey yall, Names Richard.  From Northern California love fishing from kayak.  Ive been stalking this forum for a quite awhile now and finally pulled the trigger and signed up. GREAT CONTENT keep it up. ~beer~

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Richard.

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  

We have a kayak board that might interest you. Sorry I can't seem to get the link to the board to work from my phone at the moment.

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

In the meantime if you need help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard Richard!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

SFL BassHunter

Welcome Richard! I'm sure you'll find some good info on here.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Mike Cork

Welcome aboard. What part of Nor Cal, if you don't mind me asking?

I was stationed at Beale AFB for 7 years and fished from Folsom up to Shasta and all the water in between :-* Some great fisheries  ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FISH520

Welcome bud.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Bassinkorea

Welcome aboard Richard. Glad to have you join up!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

GripRipsLips

Hey everyone (Mike)I live about five min. from Lake Berryessa sooo about 20 min west of Sacromento.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Kris

Welcome to Ultimate Bass.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Mike Cork

Quote from: GripRipsLips on July 18, 2017, 01:20:12 AM
Hey everyone (Mike)I live about five min. from Lake Berryessa sooo about 20 min west of Sacromento.

Beautiful country and a fantastic lake  ~c~ Looking forward to reading about some of your outings  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

GripRipsLips

SteveTX

Did he just say Cali and pulled the trigger ?   :shocking: ~roflmao Oh hell better be watching for the men in black.  lo  Maybe the PoPo won't notice.

Welcome to UB  ;)

fishandkamp

Hello Richard
Welcome to the group

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: fishandkamp on July 21, 2017, 02:28:10 PM
Hello Richard
Welcome to the group

X2, but I have to ask Richard....why lurk instead of joining in right from the start?  You aren't the first and won't be the last, but I've wondered before (but never asked) why people don't register right away on a site they like when it is free to join.  Shy?  Feel you aren't as knowledgeable?  (In which case I would never post.)  Don't like putting yourself out there for fear of ridicule or being put down?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: 1ReelFanatik on July 28, 2017, 09:52:25 PM
X2, but I have to ask Richard....why lurk instead of joining in right from the start?  You aren't the first and won't be the last, but I've wondered before (but never asked) why people don't register right away on a site they like when it is free to join.  Shy?  Feel you aren't as knowledgeable?  (In which case I would never post.)  Don't like putting yourself out there for fear of ridicule or being put down?

Richard may have a different answer but, I'll jump in here and answer this because like many here I was a lurker too. For me it had nothing to do with being shy or how much knowledge I had. Lurking allows you to see the personalities and learn about the members. Just like considering joining any club or organization, most people want to "feel" it out. Forums can be just like clubs, there's some that are loaded with folks who think they are "superior beings" and those who will "bully" because they don't have much to offer anyone but it makes them feel smarter.

If you road a motorcycle, let's say a Honda, would you go running into a bar full of bikers and start introducing yourself without knowing anything about the bar or bikers without scoping it out?

There's many generations of knowledge here at UltimateBass. I read to learn and certainly have the potential to learn a lot more than I can teach. I still like go back and read threads from 10-12 years ago. So much has changed and so much has stayed the same.

I joined for two reasons; one, I had a question I couldn't find an answer for and two, I found a forum that got along well with everyone. UltimateBass has a warm, friendly, helpful atmosphere.

Some who join don't realize this until long after joining but, there is a closeness here that you won't find in many forums. This is a big family. -Jim

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

DonM

I wanted to see fishing reports when I stumbled across this site.  Having a rather big mouth, I didn't want to remain silent, so joined.
Shortly after, I saw a guy and girl get out of a pickup truck at Brookshire's.  The truck had an Ultimate Bass sticker on it, so I introduced myself.  Turned out it was Mike and Laurie, but I decided to remain a member anyway.  :)
DonM

SteveTX

Quote from: DonM on July 29, 2017, 10:53:04 AM
I wanted to see fishing reports when I stumbled across this site.  Having a rather big mouth, I didn't want to remain silent, so joined.
Shortly after, I saw a guy and girl get out of a pickup truck at Brookshire's.  The truck had an Ultimate Bass sticker on it, so I introduced myself.  Turned out it was Mike and Laurie, but I decided to remain a member anyway.  :)
lo lo ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

Donald Garner

Richard

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: Princeton_Man on July 29, 2017, 05:51:41 AM
Richard may have a different answer but, I'll jump in here and answer this because like many here I was a lurker too. For me it had nothing to do with being shy or how much knowledge I had. Lurking allows you to see the personalities and learn about the members. Just like considering joining any club or organization, most people want to "feel" it out. Forums can be just like clubs, there's some that are loaded with folks who think they are "superior beings" and those who will "bully" because they don't have much to offer anyone but it makes them feel smarter.

If you road a motorcycle, let's say a Honda, would you go running into a bar full of bikers and start introducing yourself without knowing anything about the bar or bikers without scoping it out?

There's many generations of knowledge here at UltimateBass. I read to learn and certainly have the potential to learn a lot more than I can teach. I still like go back and read threads from 10-12 years ago. So much has changed and so much has stayed the same.

I joined for two reasons; one, I had a question I couldn't find an answer for and two, I found a forum that got along well with everyone. UltimateBass has a warm, friendly, helpful atmosphere.

Some who join don't realize this until long after joining but, there is a closeness here that you won't find in many forums. This is a big family. -Jim

Thanks for the reply, Jim.  Never thought about the "scoping out members first" concept.  At least not consciously,  Seriously doubt I would join a site where the members weren't friendly.  Don't have to be a long time lurker to figure that out, tho.  I wouldn't ever join a site without first reading through a number of posts.

I noticed right away that there is a lot of good camaraderie here.  Some people seem to know others on a more personal level than on other sites.  I hope to eventually be in that group.  I probably have more to learn than just about anyone else around here.  :(

scottrowell