Indoor skydiving gift

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 22, 2017, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

For my birthday today, my wife and kids surprised me with an indoor skydiving session at an I-Fly facility. It was very cool experience.

cd1

Dude...no video?  Come on man!   I bet that was cool. 

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cd1 on July 22, 2017, 06:56:11 PM
Dude...no video?  Come on man!   I bet that was cool.
Lol... I have video, I need to figure out how to post it though...

FloridaFishinFool

Happy birthday Lou!

Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

I say it beats jumping out of a perfectly good plane thats for sure!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Bassinkorea

I bet that was really good fun. How long did the session last?

Oh, and happy birthday Lou!   ~beer~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Canesfan

Oh cool. Pass by there all the time. Like someone else said, safer than jumping out of a plane. Belated Happy Birthday, assuming it is over.

Wizard

Glad you had fun and experienced the thrill. Last official jump I made was from a copter cycling 3 ft. off the ground. I had to jump to the concrete from a flying craft. That still counted as a jump for my yearly qualification.

Lipripper

and looks like you had a good one. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bassinkorea on July 23, 2017, 01:17:40 AM
I bet that was really good fun. How long did the session last?

Oh, and happy birthday Lou!   ~beer~

Thanks BK, the session was a total of 4 minutes broken up into 2, 2 minute "jumps". Doesn't seem like a lot of time but its more than enough. I'm sore all over today.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Canesfan on July 23, 2017, 04:42:08 AM
Oh cool. Pass by there all the time. Like someone else said, safer than jumping out of a plane. Belated Happy Birthday, assuming it is over.

Thank you Dave.

Capt. BassinLou

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Deadeye

That looks cool, glad you had fun- what a great gift!

Happy Birthday as well.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on July 23, 2017, 08:06:40 AM
That looks cool, glad you had fun- what a great gift!

Happy Birthday as well.

Thank you Fred.

SteelHorseCowboy

Would LOVE to try this! Afraid of heights, so I don't wanna jump from a plane. Did some SPI/E rigging training once in the Marines. Took 4 men to get me harnessed and hooked. I caused a fiasco, but the last two guys on the rope really deserved to get peed on once we cleared the treetops and interstate overpass.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on July 23, 2017, 01:44:15 PM
Would LOVE to try this! Afraid of heights, so I don't wanna jump from a plane. Did some SPI/E rigging training once in the Marines. Took 4 men to get me harnessed and hooked. I caused a fiasco, but the last two guys on the rope really deserved to get peed on once we cleared the treetops and interstate overpass.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you!!

cd1

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on July 23, 2017, 01:44:15 PM
Would LOVE to try this! Afraid of heights, so I don't wanna jump from a plane.

I hate heights, but I've jumped from 15,000 feet twice and loved it both times.  10,000 feet of free fall before pulling the chute.  It's a wonderful experience. 

Now, if you ask me to go up 18 feet in my climbing tree stand?  Never happening. 

and getting back on topic...happy birthday lou.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cd1 on July 23, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
I hate heights, but I've jumped from 15,000 feet twice and loved it both times.  10,000 feet of free fall before pulling the chute.  It's a wonderful experience. 

Now, if you ask me to go up 18 feet in my climbing tree stand?  Never happening. 

and getting back on topic...happy birthday lou.

Thank you sir.

cport

That present really blows!  lo Seriously, that's pretty darn cool and original, must have been a blast. Happy Birthday my man.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣