Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lox Road Ramps  (Read 332 times)

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
Lox Road Ramps
« on: July 23, 2017, 01:34:04 PM »

Lox Road Ramps
Sunday 7/23/17
6:30-11:00
Cloudy
Light Wind
W/T 86*

Went to Lox early, hoping for an early bite.  Started with a frog and creature bait.  Had a follower early but it turned off.  Had a couple of light tugs on a u-vibe, but I don't think they were bass.  We drifted about a mile picking up one lone bass in the 1.5 range.  At the first cut I went into the canal and immediately caught a nice one deep in the canal.  I thought I might be on to something, but it was just a lucky bite.  No further action occurred, so we were out of there!!!!!!   Most of the other boats ran west and fished the Islands.  Water is still high.  The flood gates were all closed.  After loading the boat I noticed they were releasing some water east.  With over 50 trips to Lox, today was the toughest so far.  That's fishing for you, someday's your the windshield, and someday's your the bug! ~roflmao

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:38:59 PM by big g »
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
Re: Lox Road Ramps
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »

Thank you for the report George, you and LMG probably launched at the same time from the same ramps.  He had a tough outing as well. Sounds like it was just one of those days.
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

Canesfan

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:08:34 PM »

Thank you for the report George, you and LMG probably launched at the same time from the same ramps.  He had a tough outing as well. Sounds like it was just one of those days.
I bet Matt was the in the boat behind us chewing up the weeds. Really a rough outing. We threw everything imaginable but didn't feel quite as bad since almost every boat we talked to seemed to have the same luck as us. Thanks George. We'll slay them next time.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

You can't really miss LMG. He usually is dressed like a fishing ninja, in his mudpuppy vhull utility boat.

Thanks for the report George.

For Lou and I last time on Lox we didn't really start catching bass consistently till later on. In fact I think the biggest ones came at the hottest time of the day. These fish just can't make up their darn minds lol.

LMG probably fished in the vegetation opposite the spoil bank so if everyone had a rough outing, they just weren't biting.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:08 PM »

Rick, one thing I learned a long time ago is you can't count on any two days to be the same.  Everyday is different, that's what makes fishing so dam interesting.  A lot of people did not figure it out today.  The amazing thing is someone always finds a way!!!!!  Lol ~bb
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »

Rick, one thing I learned a long time ago is you can't count on any two days to be the same.  Everyday is different, that's what makes fishing so dam interesting.  A lot of people did not figure it out today.  The amazing thing is someone always finds a way!!!!!  Lol ~bb
That's very true!
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.