Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Falcon HD  (Read 1561 times)

kadas

• Smallmouth
Re: Falcon HD
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 09:49:47 AM »

Well Kadas, Falcon rods has come clean on this subject and admitted 4 of their rod line series are now made in China including the bucoo SR just like Kadas said. Really sad. I will now avoid these made in China rods from Falcon and keep the ones I now have that are made in the USA and I will continue to collect the made in the USA rods from Falcon, but I won't be buying any new rods from them. I will avoid the made in China rods as best as I can... including other "popular" brands also made in China.

I am glad the Falcon Bucoo Micro rods are still made in the USA. That series is where I shall concentrate on. A fantastic rod... really lightweight and very sensitive. I love the ones I have and there is always room for more of them for sure.

Here is the reply email I received from Falcon rods today:

"We do have four model series that are made overseas, yes. The HD, Coastal, Bucoo SR, and our Slab series.

Thank you,

Sam Philbeck
Falcon Rods
Customer service/Promotions
1823 W. Reno
Broken Arrow, Ok 74012
(918)251-0020-Fax(918)251-0021"
  Yes just these 4 lines right now but if I was thinking about buying a Bucco micro series or a rod from the Jason Christie line I think I would get one now because--and I have no first hand knowledge of this--these lines are next to go on the boat to China. Once a company starts outsourcing overseas it becomes easier and easier to send them out.  Hate that too because I think the 6' 11" pitching stick in the Jason Christie line is a great rod for the price for an American made rod. May just have to buy another one while they are American made.  Can not have enough pitching and flipping rods for the waters here in Florida  ;)

3crows

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:18 PM »

I know where a Med/Hvy Falcon Bucoo is sitting and I am pretty sure its at least several years old, maybe 5 or so. I saw it but didn't actually handle it but the owner said it was a great rod and he would let it go for $50. If its a American made one I may be interested now.

How and where would it be marked if I go look at it to tell if its was indeed a non China made rod. Besides the obvious Made in USA on it in plain sight how would someone know? It may be marked clearly but in case it isn't is why I asked. 

Thanks and sorry for taking the topic off course a tad.  :surrender:

Most of the Falcons are USA made. They have a big American flag on the split grip. They say it on the rod underneath the action. Their SR line I think it is imported but still a nice rod and at a nice price. The USA made Falcons run more like the Low Riders for example. I have six relatively new Falcons, all USA made and they are excellent. Love their Weightless Worm, Herm and Amistad in particular.

There has never been any subterfuge or tomfoolery, their website clearly depicts which rods are imported and which are USA manufacture. They added the imported rods to the lineup for budget conscious anglers. Their mainline rods are still USA made and priced accordingly and they are as nice as ever.

I just bought my first non Falcon in a long while, a St  Croix Mojo Flippn rod, it is made in Mexico which is at least North America and a neighbor, I prefer that to China. Maybe Falcon will return these lower end rods to North America and let our Mexican friends make them, I would like that, and put a Mexican flag on the split grip, I would be proud to cast one. Meanwhile I think I need a falcon crank bait rod and a Pitching Stick Low Rider or Cara. How can I sneak these by the keeper.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:34:55 AM by 3crows »

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »

Thanks to FloridaFishingFool being such a tightwad and refusing to sell me any of the Falcons he was hidden away  lo I ended up getting a 7' MH Lowrider 20 "Shake, Rattle, and Roll" and paired it with a Curado 71 XG. I wanted something to pitch light baits into heavy cover and this really fits the bill.

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »

I'm a fan of Falcon and own a bunch of Cara's and Lowrider's but I've never heard of that model.
Kistler has a rod by that name or something similar , is it a casting rod ?

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »

It is a casting rod. A pretty darn nice one too.  ~bb I have it set up with 65# braid and a 16# flouro leader, 1/8 ounce weight, and 5/0 flipping hook. I've only been using D-Bombs on it so far. The guides are a little small for the leader knot so I may just drop that and go with straight braid.

The # on it is LCF-5F-17 and is listed as the "Cajun Baby “Fast” Cranker" on the Falcon site. The handle says "Shake, Rattle, and Roll" and is described as "The #5 (7’0) Shake Rattle and Roll rod, an all around rod, is great for top water, spinnerbait or even a square bill." in the linked article from 2015.

http://ultimatebass.com/fishing/articles/bass-fishing-articles-bass-fishing-articles/cliff-crochet-cajun-baby/

FloridaFishinFool

• Lunker
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »

Thanks to FloridaFishingFool being such a tightwad and refusing to sell me any of the Falcons he was hidden away  lo I ended up getting a 7' MH Lowrider 20 "Shake, Rattle, and Roll" and paired it with a Curado 71 XG. I wanted something to pitch light baits into heavy cover and this really fits the bill.

This tightwad is definitely not giving up any of my falcons that's for sure!

Where did you wind up finding a falcon? I thought you said you could not find a local source???

"Shake, Rattle, and Roll"?? The old black man I use to work for Jesse Stone wrote that song under his alias Charles Calhoun. I wonder if his children are getting a cut from each rod sold for use of that song title???

You know Redux I had 4 falcons in SUV for you to try out before you bought the one mentioned here, but you said you were going to go with the Omen rod so I figured the falcons were now out??? What changed?

Was the Omen too stiff for what you wanted it for???
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:49:34 PM by FloridaFishinFool »
In TB we have a true gentleman and heroic defender of Florida's guarded and protected natural resources and welcome among the fraternal bonds of native sons.

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

~gf haha

I found it at the Academy on Millenia. There's a couple others left...but I'd have to buy more reels...

There's no local source for the Bucoo Micro, but that's fine because I can't use micros with a leader. Thankfully your advice is so spot I didn't need to throw a Falcon before I buy to know they're great.

I will drop down to 40# since that's Shimano's highest recommended #s for the 70/71.

FloridaFishinFool

• Lunker
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »

I am glad you like your new Falcon. I like it too now that I have tried it out and caught fish on it.

It was kind of funny yesterday when I first picked up his new combo, a Falcon 7' with a brand new Curado 71 XG on it, that Z had the spool so loose my first cast was a dud and overspin. Z said I should flip and pitch with it like that. So I clicked the thumb bar and let the crawfish into the water right in front of me not 2 feet from shore and while I was playing with the reel checking it out, a bass grabbed the lure and was taking off with it. All I had to do was lift the rod up. That bass hopped off and back into the water.

So I did it again. I just let the crawfish lure down into the water in front of me and went back to examining the rod and reel and another bass picked up the lure and ran with it. Again all I had to do was just lift the rod and pull out another bass which promptly hopped off and bounced back into the water.

Z says if I did not touch the bass they don't count. So I think he only counted 1 of the 3 I hooked at that pond.

I don't think he counted the 2 I caught when I wasn't really fishing.

Kind of funny I do better when I'm not fishing.

But this told both of us we needed to slow it down for the bite yesterday. Those bass had lockjaw.

I think I spent more time yesterday trying out all of Z's new toys than I did fishing with my own. I kidded to him that now he had my rod and reel arsenal!

And Z has now passed me up. He is going to all new Curado's. I am still fishing the i models. I wish I could afford all new K's and 71's...

I guess if I want to "feel" like I am in the new gear I'll just have to fish with Z's! You are doing well!
In TB we have a true gentleman and heroic defender of Florida's guarded and protected natural resources and welcome among the fraternal bonds of native sons.

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »

So what did we learn? Slow down. Use creature baits/soft plastics. Target shallow water and cover. Pay attention! I learned that one again after losing a fish because I was too busy talking to set the hook.

~roflmao

FloridaFishinFool

• Lunker
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »

So what did we learn? Slow down. Use creature baits/soft plastics. Target shallow water and cover. Pay attention! I learned that one again after losing a fish because I was too busy talking to set the hook.

~roflmao

Is that the 4.5 pounder you said was nibbling on your lure?

Kind of funny how big the fish are when he doesn't catch it.

You weigh them OUT of the water AFTER you catch it.

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »

Let’s stay on topic. It was a 10 pound fish and the Falcon rod is amazing.  ~shhh

FloridaFishinFool

• Lunker
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »

So amazing you just had to buy another one huh? And another Curado 71?

Must be nice!

redux

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 07:36:25 AM »

They are very nice!  ~gf Thanks again for turning me on to Shimano and Falcon.

Now I just need to get this boat/truck/garage situation worked out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.