I want a longer Rod

Started by Bud Kennedy, August 10, 2017, 12:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

The Rod decision has been made and my new Dobyns is on order.  I selected a fury 735C.  After looking at multiple rod manufacturers and of course after listening to many of you raving about your Dobyns products the decision of who to buy was easy the decision of what to buy was not.  I selected the Fury because I did not want to make a large investment for something I am not sure I will use all that much  I ordered thru Monster and was able to use my discount code that I had received for my past orders with them.  This discount coupled with free shipping enticed me to take the chance.  The other reason is that Both Dobyns and Monster are site sponsors and because their quality of service is so good and they are supporting my cyber playground I just had to do it. I am looking forward to tracking the order as it heads to Myrtle Beach.

zippyduck

You won't regret any of those decisions. That rod is going to become one of your favorites.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Hope you enjoy the new rod. A 735 is a good series for frogging.

SFL BassHunter

Thumbs up on the decision!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SteveTX

Congrats on the 735 Bud Kennedy!

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 11, 2017, 04:11:03 PM
We are.  At my age we just don't like to kiss or hug our fishing rods anymore.  But....I can still get it done on the lake.  Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Based on LMG reel fascination I do believe he still kisses and hugs his. I cant swear to it but he did say recently and I quote.
QuoteThe rest of the reel is killer "woops"y
QuoteI have gotten used to being able to "feel" when the bearings are clean.
~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao