Rodman, Monday 8/7

Started by Tressbasser, August 07, 2017, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tressbasser

Went to Rodman with my buddy, Matt. He has been on schoolers here for the past few weeks. Started the day pretty slow, with not much activity. He knew we were around fish, so we just threw tx rig speed worms for the first half of the day. At one point he had about 12 fish to my 2. Then I finally started to catch them too. We stayed in one area for several hours where I ended up with 17, and he had at least 25 or so. All of them small, around 12-14", less than 2lbs. We did have one apiece that were pushing 3lbs. I commented that for a slow day, we were doing well with over 40 fish. Then we went to one of his other spots and it was game on. Still small fish, but they were schooling pretty good. We added at least 50-60 more. He lost count on his fish, but I ended the day with 43. He easily had well over 50, maybe even 60 by the time we left, so it was a solid 100+ fish day. Got them on worms, whopper plopper, a-rig, chatterbait, Sammy. Super fun day.

Deadeye

Super cool. Those big numbers days are ones you always remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Tress and y'all had a great day.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Sounds like a fun day!

I call a day I catch 10 fish a good day, so 40+ is excellent in my book.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Tressbasser

Quote from: rickdelprado on August 08, 2017, 09:14:53 AM
Sounds like a fun day!

I call a day I catch 10 fish a good day, so 40+ is excellent in my book.
Yeah, same here Rick. I usually fish just for one big bite, and that is a good day for me. But if I get 10 or so along the way, that's nice too. I try to take opportunities to go with my boater friends (especially Matt) whenever I can

FlatsNBay

Nice job Tres. Sounds like a super fun day!

Tressbasser

It was a fun day. All the credit goes to my friend. He found the fish and put us on them. All I had to do was stand there and cast. Would have been one of those perfect days to teach a kid or any beginner how to fish. They'd be hooked for life...

big g

Tres, that's quite a day for our conditions.  Great job, and thanks for the report. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.