Boca Rio 8/6/17

Started by LgMouthGambler, August 06, 2017, 06:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Morning started off pretty exciting with the spook. First landed this little guy.

Then as I go further up the canal, a big splash. Snakehead. Big. 7 to 8lbs. Here I am with a Conquest50, and a M action rod with 8lb diameter mono. FML. So after about 5 minutes of fighting this fish, while it does all its drag pull (lots too, had to chase down with the trolling motor), it decided to dive down hard, right under some rocks way down there. You can kinda guess the rest.

<")))>{
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Matt and at least it was fun while it lasted.  lo lo Did you get your spook back,  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

No spook. Gone.

Caught this guy on the UV worm.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Sorry bout the loss of your spook but at least it went out with a good fight.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FISH520

Damn. I didn't know snakeheads got that big.

LgMouthGambler

They must have sprayed.

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Dang sorry you lost that big snakehead. Could have fed you for a week!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 06, 2017, 07:27:57 AM
They must have sprayed.

<")))>{

Looks like, and with this heat, that stuff decays fast and its void of life. Probably very low in oxygen.

LgMouthGambler

Caught me a Mayan before i left.

Water was high, temps were hot,  wind was kicking pretty hard so i called at about 12.

<")))>{

FlatsNBay

Nice report. This heat has been making it tough out there!

big g

Matt, I think your choice of locations was a lot better then Lox right now. ~c~  We are getting the same weed growth in the Weston Lakes in the deeper parts of the lakes..  When it gets up to the surface it seems to turn brown.  No spraying in those lakes.  It just turns brown at the surface.  Lots of weed growth everywhere right now.  Fish have lots of hiding places in all those veggies.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.