Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daiwa Reel Unexpected Benefit  (Read 442 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Daiwa Reel Unexpected Benefit
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:47:50 PM »

Although many have said that I will have better cast control, I did not know really what they were referencing.  All of us know they cast a long distance but then again so do my Lews BB-1  But the Daiwa was a bit better.

The true benefit was learned and tested repeatedly today.  Went to the front yard casting range and decided to do some flipping and pitching.  I was always better at pitching but not as good with flipping.  Well I gotta tell you that has all changed.  Flipping and pitching with these reels is absolutely wonderful.  I cannot get over how accurate I was and how easy it was to make these casts.  I try to flip a lot of cypress trees and up until now I did it poorly.  You can bet the next time on the river me and the cypress trees are gonna have a good conversation.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: Daiwa Reel Unexpected Benefit
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »

A quality reel is vital for pitching. But I don't use the reel at all for what I call flipping?

What is the difference between your flipping and pitching?
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:51:09 AM »

I don't really use the reel either for a flip.  Just a matter of pulling out the line from the reel give me the slack and then guiding the line back to the rod during the "flip" process.  The pitch if more of a casting style with the bait held on my hand and letting the pendulum motion of the bait be the catalyst for propelling the bait to the target.  I think this is all fairly routine.  The overall smoothness of the reel just makes this process easier.  For me keeping the spool tension light seems to help a lot for those nice smooth and quiet entries into the water.

My biggest problem here on the river is keeping the boat in position long enough to execute the flip or pitch.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:54:49 AM »

My biggest problem here on the river is keeping the boat in position long enough to execute the flip or pitch.

It can be tough. I point the boat into the current and then flip/pitch past the target and let the current bounce it into the strike zone. If you are close range flipping a drag system to slow you down as you travel with the current can be a good idea so that you don't spoke fish with the trolling motor.

I have learned that putting the trolling motor on constant and adjusting the speed so that the boat moves into the current at a slow fishable pace doesn't spook fish. Its the on/off and thrust wash that spooks them.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »

That is a huge benefit of these Tatula reels. Bud ever since I got these I have been doing a lot more pitching than I used to.
I don't do any flipping though. I never fish close enough to my target to hold the line with one hand and bring it up and down with that extra hand.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:58 AM »

One of the few reels out there that you can flip or pitch, and then go and cast it a mile without having to adjust anything on it. Got to love Daiwas SV technology.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

TWBryan

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 07:42:40 PM »

All you guys have convinced me. Next month's "foolishness" money will be expended on getting a tatula. I go tomorrow to pick up my second suicide duck so I am getting extravagant in my old age..  ~roflmao
Enjoy yourself now,for you'll be a long time dead.

basss

• Charter Member
  • Just one more cast ....
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:53 AM »

... Next month's "foolishness" money will be expended on getting a tatula ...

Welcome!
90' Tracker Pro Deep-V 16, 90' 40 hp Johnson, 55# Minkota
1995 Gheenoe Highsider, 9.8 Tohatsu, 30# Endura
Shared- 7" Helix Si and Di

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 06:29:15 AM »

All you guys have convinced me. Next month's "foolishness" money will be expended on getting a tatula. I go tomorrow to pick up my second suicide duck so I am getting extravagant in my old age..  ~roflmao

Cheers!  ~beer~
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 37 queries.