Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goto Baits  (Read 1522 times)

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Goto Baits
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »

What's y'all goto Baits? I know, I know,  depends on where y'all at and time if year.. But everyone knows there's that one bait that you've ran down to the store to buy over and over..  It's the first one you end up throwing because it's The One..  I'm sure junebug and watermelon reds gonna show up soon..  But what kind, senkos,  yum dingers, trickworms   brush hogs,  crabkbaits or spinnerbaits... What's y'all go to baits here in Louisiana? 

Sandman7925

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Goto Baits
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:13:35 PM »

If all else fails I can catch a fish on a black speed craw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:46:26 AM »

For the past 35 years a Grape Mann's Jelly Worm or a Black/Yellow H&H Spinnerbait was the go to lures for me.

Recently its been nothing but Toads Stanley Ribbit original, Stanley Top Toad, Stanley Bull Ribbit, and Zoom Horny toad. Every color has worked but the Chartreuse belly ones like Catalpa have seemed to pulled ahead as a fish favorite lately. 

7TCU

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »

Craw tube in talapia.

ride1599

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »

Spro popn frog. Already worn one out this year. Always catch a couple on it every time I go out.

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

Spro popn frog. Already worn one out this year. Always catch a couple on it every time I go out.

Just ordered one from Monster, Navy Seal color. What color do you typically use? Also ordered a couple Lunkerhunt Combat Frogs.
6.31 PB 🎣

ride1599

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »

Just ordered one from Monster, Navy Seal color. What color do you typically use? Also ordered a couple Lunkerhunt Combat Frogs.
Usually rain forest black works for me.

Elijahtc

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »

a weightless fluke has yet to fail me

DonM

• Charter Member
    • DonMasonMusic
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »

a weightless fluke has yet to fail me

When all else fails!  It's probably my favorite.  WM Red seems to work great around here.
DonM

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »

When all else fails!  It's probably my favorite.  WM Red seems to work great around here.

Fluker too. Baby bass zoom is my fave to throw
6.31 PB 🎣

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »

How do y'all fish weightless fluke? Like a spook or like a wackyrig worm? I'm not gonna lie,  I've got about 10 bags of flukes I've maybe thrown twice..  Apparently this is the secret weapon  I've been missing.. Lol

DonM

• Charter Member
    • DonMasonMusic
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »

There isn't really a wrong way to fish it.  I generally let it drop for a few seconds, raise it a little and let it drop again.  It pretty much has it's own action when falling, darting to the side. 
Sometimes they will hit it on a very slow, steady retrieve. 
DonM

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »

Fish it where you would normally throw a worm I guess..  Along banks brush piles..  Or what about balls of shad? Or on points?

hubcap91

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »

A green pumpkin Chatterbait with a Rage Craw trailer seems to my "lucky" bait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »

Crankabait Tennessee shad is my big one..  I have never had any luck in a pinnerbait or a chatterbait..  I went 6 weeks with nothing but spinnerbaits tied on  and nothing..lol..  I don't know why..  Just me.. 

DonM

• Charter Member
    • DonMasonMusic
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

Fish it where you would normally throw a worm I guess..  Along banks brush piles..  Or what about balls of shad? Or on points?
All the above!  I love to toss it against a cypress tree and let it sink.  If there is a fish there they often hit it before it reaches the bottom.  In that case it's sort of like fishing a jig, but it falls very slowly. 
DonM

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 02:39:56 PM »

How do y'all fish weightless fluke? Like a spook or like a wackyrig worm? I'm not gonna lie,  I've got about 10 bags of flukes I've maybe thrown twice..  Apparently this is the secret weapon  I've been missing.. Lol
Make sure when you t rig the fluke that the hook comes out of the bottom nice and straight and texpose the hook on the top. I like to throw it near weeds, stick-ups, and grass lines; cast it, let it sink on a semi slack line for about 10-15 seconds, many times they will hit it on the fall, so watch the line for movement. If no hits twitch it a few times pause for a five count and repeat. Again they like to hit it when it falls after the twitch.
Vary your retrieves; sometimes they like it fast without long pauses, the bait is working higher in the water column and spurs a reaction strike. I also throw it right in the middle of dollar pads and lightly matted grass, just keep the rod tip high and skitter it across the top, letting it fall into holes. I caught one last night that way, busted right through the pads.
You can also use it in open water when the bass are crashing bait, it works really well. Let the lure fall through the bait ball, usually the larger bass are underneath waiting for the dying ones.
6.31 PB 🎣

loaded44

• UB Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »

A Zoom U-Tail in junebug color on a 3/0 hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

Gonna have to try the flukes..  Got my new Gamin installed today..  See how she works tommorow if this rain will get outta here. 
Has anyone tried the thumping fingers..  I think they are close to the zoom u tail..  But Ive gotten a few off them lately in watermelon red and green pumpkin.. 

MattT

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »

Go to zoom mag lizard weightless (waterm red, chartreuse). & Zoom fluke (most colors).    senko been good lately too

Msn26753

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 11:18:40 PM »

Make sure when you t rig the fluke that the hook comes out of the bottom nice and straight and texpose the hook on the top. I like to throw it near weeds, stick-ups, and grass lines; cast it, let it sink on a semi slack line for about 10-15 seconds, many times they will hit it on the fall, so watch the line for movement. If no hits twitch it a few times pause for a five count and repeat. Again they like to hit it when it falls after the twitch.
Vary your retrieves; sometimes they like it fast without long pauses, the bait is working higher in the water column and spurs a reaction strike. I also throw it right in the middle of dollar pads and lightly matted grass, just keep the rod tip high and skitter it across the top, letting it fall into holes. I caught one last night that way, busted right through the pads.
You can also use it in open water when the bass are crashing bait, it works really well. Let the lure fall through the bait ball, usually the larger bass are underneath waiting for the dying ones.

So hook tip is out too of fluke..  I misread the Post and was fishing today,  ran it with tip on bottom a few times and said this ain't right... Lol...  Got it with tip out top and still didn't get a bite..  Bit water in red river was high with freshwater so I didn't get any bites..  Except for the brim that ate my bait and ran... Lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.