Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alligator Alley MM30  (Read 437 times)

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
Alligator Alley MM30
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »

Alligator Alley MM30 North side
Saturday 8/12/17
6:30-10:00
mostly sunny
light stain
light east wind
W/T 84.5*
Water level  up to the top of the ramp.

Went to the Alley with Steve this morning.  From the ramps ran east three bridges to the cuts on the north side.  WE only saw one other boat out there all morning.  We started fishing the cuts to the flat, and the bridge.  For three hours we hadn't had even a bite.  Although conditions looked good, the fishing stunk.  There was no current at all and no signs of gators.  We fished u-vibes,stick baits, craws, and a hollow body frog.  Right before quitting, we caught a suicidal 2 pound bass.  There was little fishing action all along the Alley, and MM35 was void of any boats.  The other boat we passed also said, the action stunk.  It was just nice to run the boat for a while.  Another tough alley day. :'(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:59:48 PM by big g »
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Alligator Alley MM30
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »

Thanks for the report George and sounds like a very tuff day out there.  ~sweat Maybe it will be better next time.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »

Thanks for the report George. We just arrived from the gulf coast and as we drove across, we didn't see a soul at the ramps and I noticed Closed signs at ramps from Mm35 to Mm41. Water was ridiculously high unfortunately. Weather pending, Rick and I are heading to Clewiston this upcoming week. Got to find us some fish!!  lo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:12:52 PM by Bassinlou »
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

Lou the signs are up at each ramp for the airboat guys in the flats.  Too much water for the mammals in the glades.  They don;t want them chasing deer off the islands and back in the water.  Your ok as long as you stay in the canal.  There is just little activity in the canals for a fisherman. 

I have a friend that fished slim's last week and cleaned up in boy scout cut in the dirty water.  When they went out in the lake in clean water, they zeroed.  He said big creature baits in the dirty water did the job.  He said he caught over 20, with a 7 lb the biggest.  They also caught a few nice ones  in the dynamite hole.
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »

Lou the signs are up at each ramp for the airboat guys in the flats.  Too much water for the mammals in the glades.  They don;t want them chasing deer off the islands and back in the water.  Your ok as long as you stay in the canal.  There is just little activity in the canals for a fisherman. 

I have a friend that fished slim's last week and cleaned up in boy scout cut in the dirty water.  When they went out in the lake in clean water, they zeroed.  He said big creature baits in the dirty water did the job.  He said he caught over 20, with a 7 lb the biggest.  They also caught a few nice ones  in the dynamite hole.

Thanks for the info George.... here I am trying to get away from dirty water, and someone is cleaning house fishing in it...  lo Good for him!!
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

Canesfan

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »

Damn. I guess the heat, rains, and who know what else has really messed up the fishing. At least you gave it a try.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »

George sorry to hear the fishing sucked. It's tough out there.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 09:07:03 PM »

I wasn't expecting much when I chose the Alley, but I didn't expect it to suck so bad.  I only went there because the threats of thunderstorms, and the protection of the bridges.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »

I wasn't expecting much when I chose the Alley, but I didn't expect it to suck so bad.  I only went there because the threats of thunderstorms, and the protection of the bridges.

If only we had more lakes down here. Unless you fish the everglades canal systems or lox, there is nowhere to go. Sure you can go to Blue Lagoon and probably have a field day catching Peacock.

Lake Osborne/Ida is about as far as Lake Okeechobee is.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

big g

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »

If only we had more lakes down here. Unless you fish the everglades canal systems or lox, there is nowhere to go. Sure you can go to Blue Lagoon and probably have a field day catching Peacock.

Lake Osborne/Ida is about as far as Lake Okeechobee is.

Osbourne and Ida are ridicules on Saturday and Sunday in the summer.  Jet ski central all day! ~rant
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 36 queries.