Caspiana Red River Pool 5

Started by Mike Cork, August 16, 2017, 07:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

I haven't been in a while, how do you get in there now?

Can you go the long way any more? Is it safe to take the break in the rocks just north of the wash out and sand bar?

Anyone catching anything worth talking about?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

reitzells

Haven't been to pool 5 yet but wen't to pool 3 Sunday and it was pretty slow. Caught 5 on a swim jig around some flooded grass but not much size. I am going to Pool 4 this Sunday to start looking around for the FLW regional championship in late October. Most of the fish I have been catching are closer to the river. One day were going to have to go to pool 5 so you can show me around because I have never been there!  :-*
SHAKY HEAD SHAKY HEAD EYE'S LIKE A FROG DIVE DOWN DEEP AND PULL ME OUT A HOG!

Mike Cork

We can do that :-* I have trouble picking an exact day right now but with some planning we should be able to pull it off

Cork's Reel Service

Broskee

Mike I went brough the normal cut and then ran up to the first right where the level goes back towards river and then angled towards the bamboo point and idled the trees.

7TCU

You can go through the cut in the rocks almost across from mcdade above the big sand bar trimmed up

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Broskee

Quote from: 7TCU on August 18, 2017, 10:52:48 PM
You can go through the cut in the rocks almost across from mcdade above the big sand bar trimmed up
You sir are brave, when the river starts going down it will be an issue.

7TCU

Quote from: Broskee on August 19, 2017, 01:12:38 PM
You sir are brave, when the river starts going down it will be an issue.

My skeeter made it through while the river was down at 14.5 or 15 ft range. It might be tough now with all the current  since it is narrow and you have to be fully committed not to get pushed into the rocks.

Charlesrpa1

I tried to go the long way and got discouraged. The river is so muddy. By the time I decided to go back there i was already beat up. I caught my fish close to the river on one spot, 5 dinks 2 keepers
Hooksets are free

7TCU

Only way I will go back to the river is if I have to for a club tournament.

reitzells

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 18, 2017, 08:19:29 AM
We can do that :-* I have trouble picking an exact day right now but with some planning we should be able to pull it off

Ok. I just need someone to show me how to navigate so I can start pre-fishing. Just shoot me a message anytime and I will make plans.

All I can say about the river fishing right now is they are on the MOVE!!!
SHAKY HEAD SHAKY HEAD EYE'S LIKE A FROG DIVE DOWN DEEP AND PULL ME OUT A HOG!