Dobyns are lucky

Started by zippyduck, August 16, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

Since buying my first Dobyns this year I have been on a tear. I have caught 5 of my biggest largemouth in Pa.with them. 3 on my dx744c with spyder jigs and 2 on my sa734c with senkos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

scottemory72

SteveTX

Heck yeah! Nice fish.  ~c~ Gary is going to have to put your mug in his next advertisement.   lo

Princeton_Man

Maybe I need to order more! ~gf
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Kris

Woohoo! Go get em ZD

Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Lipripper

Them are some nice looking fish zippy. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

The are lucky!

I think my increased success is simple because I can feel so much more. I am amazed all the time at how light a bass can strike. 5 years ago I know I was getting strikes and not even knowing, now as someone else said "I can detect a bluegill fart". No more sneak attacks means more and bigger bass in the boat :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

zippyduck

Yes they are very sensitive, I find myself setting the hook a whole lot more. Gill bites feel like bass bites on my other rods. And yes Big bass bites often are very subtle and I no longer miss them.

Pacific NW Ron

Nice fish.  And now the secret is out.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

LgMouthGambler

Very nice! Them some big ole fish!  ~c~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FloridaFishinFool

Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

mygreenihc

They are lucky,  the first fish on a new DX was 4.5 pounds.  But,  with that said,  the first fish on my saavy was a 12 inch jackfish. 

Brad

basss

Welcome to the Dobyns family.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Smallie_Stalker

So what he is really trying to say is the more Dobyns we buy the more fish we will catch.  ~fff ~fff ~cf
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 18, 2017, 05:15:34 PM
So what he is really trying to say is the more Dobyns we buy the more fish we will catch.  ~fff ~fff ~cf

And Bigger ~gf