Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vision 110 colors for northern CA  (Read 221 times)

Blacktail 8541

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Vision 110 colors for northern CA
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:36:39 AM »

Looking for a few standard colors for N. CA
Will be fishing Clear lake , Lake Oroville and the Thermalito after Bay out of Oroville primarily.
May get a little action in the Delta and lake Shasta a couple of times a year.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: Vision 110 colors for northern CA
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »

I fished Oriville for several years.. Loved that lake. Clown, black back silver sides, or blue back silver sides. Occasionally I'd put a little orange on the throat of the bait. But those were the only three colors I fished there. Bait and bait colors have come a long way since I fished it, but I bet they still work well.

I fished the Afterbay many times, I like big worms and spinnerbaits there, can't remember fishing a jerk / rip bait there much.

Shasta was a lot of fun, we used to spend a lot of time with a bone or pearl color there.

Clear Lake  :shocking: Big Bass Big Fun... I didn't get over there much but enjoyed every trip I made. I'm a vegetation junkie so when I'd get over there I always headed for the most cover I could find and never fished a jerkbait there. I would imagine something in the "Hitch" color. They don't have one called that but they have a clear lake color.

The Delta  ~c~ It wasn't the fishery it is now, when I was fishing it. Back then we used a black back silverside and orange throat rouge a lot so maybe something along those lines.

Over all for west coast fishing up and down the state........

First and foremost the "Clown" I don't know why but in the years I fished the west coast from southern call to Lake Shasta the clown color was always a staple.

Any of the versions of "Wakasagi"

There were many times a color like the "Megabass Kinkuro" would work an nothing else would.

From there, any of the silver/blue combinations will work at any given time.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
Re: Vision 110 colors for northern CA
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »

For good Clear Lake info, check out Tactical Bassin's You Tube channel. That's his home lake, and when he does is technique videos, and a lot of his challenge videos, he's fishing there and gives links to the baits he is using. That guy is the reel deal, no nonsense, and catches fish.
6.31 PB 🎣
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.