Hour meter questions 2017 175txw 60hp

Started by RogerS, August 18, 2017, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerS

I want to hook up an inexpensive hour meter to my 2017 175txw with a 60hp 4 and have a few questions.

Will the induction type (wrap wire around spark plug wire) affect engine, performance or warranty and are they accurate. My issue with them are the batteries are not replaceable, so after (a few) years, they need to be replaced and reset

If I decide to go with a 12 volt setup, what wires would I hook up the hour meter to. Again, any issues with engine?

I know there are merc gauges that will do this but the $$ more than I'm wanting to spend.
Thanks for any input. Any personal input greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Oldfart9999

I know money can be tight but I would go with the merc unit, it's made for the motor and should give a long life. It should come with complete instructions for install, you should be able to find videos on youtube also.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

Welcome to the site, pull up a chair and settle in with a cold one, we have a lot of stuff here. Be sure to check out the new members contest you might win a nice prize!!
Rodney

RogerS

Thanks Rodney.
Wow, I was just checking this out..pretty cool!
Vesselview mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHadq7l3sg

Might be worth the $275?

Oldfart9999

Do you want to spend that or just get a merc hour meter, hook it in and check every time you finish up a day? That other rig is nice but do you need it?
Rodney

RogerS

Rodney,
Sorry for being so dense, but for the life of me I can't find a "merc hour meter"....checked on merc's web site and see flagship, merc monitor and digital sc100 sc1000....would you please give me a link or example so I can check it out?..
Thanks again for bearing with me...
Roger