Honeycomb For Me Also

Started by FISH520, July 11, 2017, 11:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH520

Took an extra day for my Avail spool to arrive.  Holding the og spool in hand with this one  you can really tell how light the Avail is. MB Baby Griffon 3/16oz is first test bait. First cast blew up like a trucker in a gas station restroom. My dumbass didn't put the brake tabs on the ON position after installing them. Which brings me to the line! Senshi mono is some great line. Had to pull most of the line off to fix the nest, but the line went back on smooth as silk. So 2 tabs on and Wow o Wow does this spool make a difference.  A nice smooth swing and this thing zips! I'm impressed for sure!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Down4ttown

All this modding is giving me the itch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FISH520

Quote from: Down4ttown on July 11, 2017, 03:34:24 PM
All this modding is giving me the itch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get to scratchn! As LMG said  "it's a game changer". This spool is sick. Can't wait to add some ZPI Office bearings to this.

cortman

Dang now y'all got me thinking about custom spools. Maybe I need one in my SV105 for weightless stuff.

caddyjoe77

so this would fit an 09 aldebaren...right?   ~roflmao 
BeerMe

rockchalk06

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on July 12, 2017, 10:49:26 AM
so this would fit an 09 aldebaren...right?   ~roflmao

Yes, but unfortunately we got the last 2 50RR spools on sale at Japan Tackle. I have seen them other places, but they are pushing $150.  :o
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

I am creeping on Japan Tackle right now and thet have 1 listed in the red color. I would contact them and see if it's true. If any are interested.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FISH520 on July 12, 2017, 12:52:11 PM
I am creeping on Japan Tackle right now and thet have 1 listed in the red color. I would contact them and see if it's true. If any are interested.
Nope, it's gone and on the way for my Core. Lol

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FISH520

Did some more work on the reel. This BFS is my new BFF!
Carbontex drag washers
ZPI Office spool bearings
Color parts.
Got a new handle and knobs for it ( will be used on other projects), but I like what was on there better. I will say with all these upgrades this rig is FN sick on casting light lures. Sitting on a 13 Defy 6'7 m-f it feels just right. I'm no Rock or LMG but I'm very happy that I did the work myself   thanks Matt for the help lol ( get my learn on ).
She is complete and it's on to the next one!
Not the best pics but hey I've been drankn!!

rockchalk06

Looks good man! Mine is stock except for knobs and she throws 4" senkos very well. I can't imagine how badass it would be with ZPI's and a BFS spool! Good work

FISH520

Control and smoothness is insane! OMG help my bank account in the future!!

zippyduck

Sweet look on a great reel

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

rockchalk06

Quote from: FISH520 on August 10, 2017, 10:09:05 PM
Control and smoothness is insane! OMG help my bank account in the future!!

I did the same to a Metanium MG7 V2 with ZPI's and a Yumeya 32mm spool. Little 1/4 oz baits fly off that spool insanely good. Expensive? yes, worth it? O Yes!

basss

That is one nice looking spool.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard