Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with a trip  (Read 270 times)

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
need help with a trip
« on: August 19, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »

Well I wanted to go to G-ville but my brother decided to get married in the Outter banks in October. I will be taking my aluminum multi species boat with us.
Is there any bass fishing around there?
If I put in the sound is there anything I should worry about with my freshwater boat?
Would striper be in the area that time of year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
If you need me I'm outdoors.

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Re: need help with a trip
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »

The entire Outer Banks is a very dangerous place for boats like you describe.  My heart felt recommendation would be "Do Not Do It".  Can your boat handle 5' Swells etc.

With regards to saltwater.  Everything from rods, reels, boat motor, and boat Hull absolutely would have to be flushed completely with fresh water immediately after leaving the water.  Failure to do so will certainly create problems with just about anything that was in salt water or in salt water spray or the salt content in the air.  If you are using lures then be aware that complete hook replacement is in your future unless you are using hooks meant for salt water use.

Also common in this area is that many hotels do not have parking for boat trailers.  You should check this out.  Beach Rental home also may be restricted for space to enable boat parking. 

If you want to go fishing be aware that surf fishing on the Outer Banks can be very good. Not a bad way to spend your day.

Take it from me as I live at the Ocean.  There is absolutely no way I would subject my boat to the harsh environment of saltwater.  Also the ocean can get very angry very quickly.

kadas

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »

The entire Outer Banks is a very dangerous place for boats like you describe.  My heart felt recommendation would be "Do Not Do It".  Can your boat handle 5' Swells etc.

With regards to saltwater.  Everything from rods, reels, boat motor, and boat Hull absolutely would have to be flushed completely with fresh water immediately after leaving the water.  Failure to do so will certainly create problems with just about anything that was in salt water or in salt water spray or the salt content in the air.  If you are using lures then be aware that complete hook replacement is in your future unless you are using hooks meant for salt water use.

Also common in this area is that many hotels do not have parking for boat trailers.  You should check this out.  Beach Rental home also may be restricted for space to enable boat parking. 

If you want to go fishing be aware that surf fishing on the Outer Banks can be very good. Not a bad way to spend your day.

Take it from me as I live at the Ocean.  There is absolutely no way I would subject my boat to the harsh environment of saltwater.  Also the ocean can get very angry very quickly.
  Bud is absolutely correct.  Do not subject your boat or equipment to salt water and do not try to manage the waves and surf on ocean side with your size boat. Not worth the risk.  Even the sound side can get pretty rough depending on wind direction. Best deal would be go into one of the bait stores there and buy a cheap rod and reel outfit and a sand spike and fish the surf from shore. you also can go to one of the piers and pay to fish from there. All the bait stores have everything you need to get started. Also North Carolina just started a couple years ago requiring that you need a fishing license to fish from the shore. Never use to need one if you were fishing on ocean side. Not positive but I do not think you need a license if you are going to fish from one of the piers. I think I remember North Carolina exempted fishermen from needing one if you fish from a commercial-where you pay to fish-pier. You can double check that.  Bud is correct--do not think it is worth what the salt water will do to your equipment--easier to buy a cheap outfit and sit back and enjoy the day fishing the surf or you can pay to take a charter boat out for 1/2 a day or what ever
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:38:58 AM by kadas »

rb-nc

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »

Post this over in Carolina Bass Buddies. Boots and some of the guys down there can give you an idea on some of the rivers to fish down there. There not going to be very close to where you'll be. Chowan is a beautiful river to fish

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

Thanks guys.

Well I will leave the boat at home. Only because of the salt. I have had it in 6 footers on Erie, wasn't fun but she handled it well.
I have been there before and still have some of the rods I bought there. I will probably get on a head boat a couple of times also.
If you need me I'm outdoors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 34 queries.