Eclipse in St. Louis

Started by Wizard, August 21, 2017, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizard

I'll go outside every 15 minutes until 1 pm. I will stay outside for the totality at 1:17 pm. It will last about 2 minutes. I'll watch for another 20 minutes then post on what I saw. At 12:04, the moon is already covering the edge of the sun. Y'all have fun and be careful.

Wizard

Lipripper

It's a little cloudy out up here so won't be able to see much of it. It's suppose to be around 75 to 80 % up here.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Wizard

Well, it took a long time for the moon to totally obscure the sun. In the last few seconds the light dimmed suddenly to about dusk level. The ground  did not go totally without light. The sun was 100% covered and the corona showed bright white for 1' 12" of time.We did see a few stars and one satellite. The Cicada set up a chorus with the frogs. The birds went to tree and the bats came out but quickly vanished. The Redbones were really going but shut up entirely during totality. Overall, a great experience. Unfortunately, no little green men.

Terry G

Thunder storm here.
Been raining for days looking for the "Ark" to float by.

Lipripper

Was overcast up here so couldn't see it.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

We were in the 90% zone and was a noticeable change and I took advantage of it and mowed the lawn.  I had the special glasses so it was fun to see what I could see. It was a bit cloudy when it first started but it cleared quickly and we got a good look at it.

LgMouthGambler

We have a welders helmet here. We were checking it out for a bit.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Msn26753

It's gonna happen again in 6 more years..  But be coming from the southeast to northeast...  Suppose to be 90percent here and 100 percent about 90 miles north of me..   Any fishing reports in what the bass was doing..  Probably like us,  you would have never known if it wasn't reported..

Team KaRu

Here, North Atlanta, we had 98.3% and it looked really strange at the peak of the eclipse! 
:shocking:
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

Princeton_Man

I remember the 79 eclipse and it wasn't much in Va as I recall.  I was in one of the big science buildings this afternoon and everyone dropped what they were doing and rushed to the parking lot. Lots of "eclipse glasses" being passed around so I got to watch it. Pretty cool and I used one of the filters over my phones camera lens to take a pic. Not much to look at but when I zoom, it's pretty good.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lee Smith

Here's a pic from the house

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

cortman

It was really cool. Got slowly dim for an hour or so, then rapidly dim and then deep twilight for a couple minutes. Unlike anything I've experienced before! We had about 2.5 minutes of totality here.

Pacific NW Ron

We had 88% coverage up here.  We were fishing.  It was a clear morning and honestly with our polarized glasses we didn't even notice a difference in light conditions.  Max coverage was at 10:21am.  Kind of a disappointment for us.  Note: During the duration we did catch a few fish, the biggest a 3.5lber.  No strange activity noticed though.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Lee Smith on August 21, 2017, 04:49:08 PM
Here's a pic from the house

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Award for Best Picture!  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Yeah, we were at about 75% poor vampires and zombies were lost in all the light, they kept bumping into stuff and couldn't see where to bite, sad.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.