Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnifying light Purchase  (Read 216 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Magnifying light Purchase
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »

Over the years the ol eyes have gone through significant changes.  I have had lens replacements in both eyes and due to other problems I really only have one fully functional eye.  As I have aged the eye continues to change and now requires a bit of magnification for some reading tasks and certainly if I am working on some gizmo of some sort that is just a bit too small for my one good eye.  Also noted is I now require a lot of light when working on close up work so I had to find a solution.

I originally wanted a Luxo magnifying light but they are just too much for my budget and for the past year have been trying to get a decent one on eBay but no success.  Now I have had to buy an alternative light that is basically the same but still not a luxo but it will be perfect for my intended use.  I should have it in about a week or so.  So for you other older guys you day is coming and one day you too may need the help of this kind of aid.  I'll let you know how it works out.  This will be especially good for working on lures or around other sharp things like hook changes etc..

merc1997

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass
Re: Magnifying light Purchase
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »

bud

my wife had one the luxo lights, and i use it on the work bench all the time.  she bought it for doing needle point and other craft work.  they are really nice for just putting a lot of light where you need it.

bo

sportsmansfriend

• Ultimate Basser
  • (425)299-1861
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:37:46 PM »

About eight months ago I had cataract surgery.  That took care of and corrected all my sight issues except for reading.  In fact I can see better then I could even with glasses before.  I'm getting by with a pair of $5.00 reading glasses.  Someday I may also need to add a magnifying glass and/or light.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.

bigjim5589

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:17:43 PM »

Bud, I have one of the light/magnifiers that I've had for many years. Not even sure what the brand may be. I just checked for a label & apparently none on it, but it was not real expensive, likely about $30 when I bought it. I use it when I'm tying flies mostly, and don't use the magnifying glass often, but it's very handy for when I do need it. I put a fluorescent type bulb in it, and it provides plenty of light.

The OttLight brand is big with fly tyers, and they make one of the magnifying type.  :)

My eye sight has not been great my entire life, but I can still see fairly well up close. It's at distances that I have problems.  :(
No one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being UNDER it!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!
http://tidewaterflyblog.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 34 queries.