Tonneau cover clean up

Started by Mike Cork, August 21, 2017, 04:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

What are the best products to clean and protect a vinyl tonneau cover?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

Mike, hopefully Lee will respond to your question.  Last year I used the Aqua Armor to re waterproof my boat cover.  I was surprised that it also did a fantastic job of cleaning the cover including some of the black mildew that formed in a couple spots.  It also cleaned off about 5 years of outside storage dirt.  I bought it on line via Home depot.  I used two bottles on the cover with each bottle being 32oz.  I will use it again before this winter for sure. 

merc1997

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 21, 2017, 04:43:52 PM
What are the best products to clean and protect a vinyl tonneau cover?
mike, just about any cleaner will work fine.  the issue with vinly is getting down into the grain.  go to the auto parts store and get an ultra-fine scotch brite pad.  put your cleaner on and scrub with the scotch brite pad.  come back while still wet, and wipe with clean damp rag, and it will look brand new.

the secret is the ultra-fine scotch brite pad will get down into the grain and get the dirt out.  used to use these on the old vinyl tops on cars, and cleaning the vinyl seats in cars.  it is the only thing that will get vinyl truly clean.  it will make your boat seats looks like new.

been there and done that for a lot of years.

bo
On Heaven's Lake