Lake Seminole

Started by Swede, August 21, 2017, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Took about 5 weeks off from fishing to get a few other things done, but couldn't stay away any longer. Made the early morning drive to Seminole Lodge in Sneads, FL. Launched and was on the water by 6:30 or thereabouts. Started my search for bass on the north end of the lake along the old river channel. Caught a couple there on a white Zoom Horny Toad and had another blow up on a small Whopper Plopper. Moved to the main river channel and caught another on a magnum ultravibe. Ran to the Flint side of the lake and hit a couple grass lines catching two on the worm. Hit Big Jim's for lunch - cooled off - man was it hot. Back out to the lake determined to catch a couple more. Hit another grass line and caught the one pictured going 20 inches and one other. Hit two other grass lines without another bite - my temperature 3 degrees above boiling - hit the Lodge and air conditioning.
Hit the lake again on Sunday morning. A member of our bass club and his son came on over to the lake for some help catching. They were on rough times catching and needed a helping hand. They in their Ranger and me in my Stratos started near the snag poles down from the Coast Guard station. Worked that shore over for over an hour without a fish in the boat. I knew it was going to be a tough day at that point. We ran down to Wingates and fished grass in that area - my friend put a couple in the boat there and I broke one off. Worked one more grass line up that way without a bite. Ran to Big Jim's for lunch.  A nice little gator brought in - 8.5 footer - Georgia's gator season in full swing. After lunch worked out in front of Big Jims in Spring Creek for a while - friends caught three more and I broke a rod on one at hook set and it got away. Worked our way back to Fish Pond Drain through the fish gates - no luck back there. The heat took it's time baking us - we finally reached the "done" setting. Back to the ramp we went and air conditioning is what we got. Caught some fish - good weekend!

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

topdsm0138

Looks like a good time.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

big g

Swede great report as always.  Did I understand you to say, in the middle of a bass fishing trip you bagged a gator?????  If you did, Your The Man!!!!!!  Wow ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

Swede is back! Love your reports!

Swede

lo lo No - some excited young lads had that gator all laid out and was taking pictures when we finished lunch - so of course we had to go congratulate them and get a couple pictures of our own  lo lo
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the report Swede. Glad you found some fish to stick.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Swede and sounds like y'all had a great time fishing in spite of the heat. ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the report Swede! Glad to see you back fishing!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Mike Cork

:shocking: 5 weeks and no fishing... that's a heck of a honey do list...

Thanks for an awesome report, this one is on my bucket list. I'll have to make sure to use the Swede Guide Service!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service