New from MO

Started by LC, August 28, 2017, 09:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Hello from the Show Me State!
Considering I'm new to the forum, allow me to offer a little info on myself.  I'm 62 years young and coming up on 37 years of marriage.  I enjoy deer hunting but absolutely crave bass and crappie fishing.  However this type of fishing is typically best from a boat, which limits me to only being able to go when one of my boat owning buddies go.  Well if it's The Good Lord's will, I will be ordering my brand new Ranger RT 188 in January of 2018.  I started reading countless forums, blogs etc, talking to every boat owner I could, visited 4 different dealerships and I've discovered nothing but good things with Ranger boats (particularly when it comes to quality, performance, longevity and fishability (if that's a real word).
I am soooo looking forward to get my hands on this boat, my wife often says I'm obsessed with it and she'll be glad when I get it so I can stop talking about! 
I'm feeling so blessed to be finally be in financial position to not only get a boat but get a Ranger!!!
Would appreciate and input from other RT owners out there.

I plan to post pics of the new rig sitting in my driveway as soon as I get her home.

Mike Cork

First welcome to UB we are glad to have you!!!

Ranger is a great brand, and I know you'll love it! We have a couple guys that have research and are pretty knowledgeable about them so ask away!

Be sure to share your bass catching experience with us, we are all learning  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

LC,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

Congrats a little early on the new ride.  Ranger Boats are one of the best out there  ~shade
We'll need lots of pictures when you get it home  :)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteveTX

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lipripper

and to Ultimate bass and glad to have you here with us and I see your making yourself right at  :)hsh: and you have somegreat lakes over there in your state both for Crappie and Bass, I fish from the bank most of the time also since i don't own a boat either. Hope to see some fishing reports from when you do get out and go fishing.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Smallie_Stalker

Hey LC. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

Congratulations on your upcoming Ranger boat purchase!  ~c~ In light of that we have both a Ranger Boats board and an Aluminum Bass Boats board that might be of interest to you.  ~sun

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!!!
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

topdsm0138

Welcome from S Fl!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

cortman

Also from Missouri. Welcome and congrats on the new boat!

Wizard

A few Missouri anglers on UB but we can always use more. I fish LOZ  from the dam to the Grand Glaize arm. Lots of good sticks on here so join the action.

AzBoonda

Mike Cork

LC, my father lives just north of Springfield, where about's in Missouri are you?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service