Erya updates

Started by Elwood, September 12, 2017, 03:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood

Well I have had my 2018 Erya for about a month now and she is broke in and fished hard.  The transition for a Sabre to the Erya was not as easy as I thought it would be but I have control of the beast now.  She looks fast and she is!!!!  I have topped out so far at 79.7 gps but was on the limiter so a new prop is on order.  I have no doubt that I will be in the low 80's with the weather getting cooler!  I am super happy with the SHO...I have the speed and still get a great hole shot (no matter what weight I have in the boat) and mid range is fun to say the least.
I have fished two tournaments out of her so far and both had great results....took 3rd place in the first one with 14 pounds but had the opportunities to have a much better string.  The second tournament I took full advantage of all the hits and weighed in 25.20 pounds for first place and the largest string of the year for ALBC.  I had the boat on the trailer for almost two hours before weigh in and the bass were lively as hell!!  Right now I have ZERO negative things to say about the combo I bought and would recommend the boat to anyone.  On of my partners that owns a 21 foot R boat has stated that the Erya has a better ride in the rough stuff......I will leave it at that.....
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Lipripper

all right and glad your liking your boat and congratulation for your placement in them two  tournaments  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

we like pics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Lipripper

Quote from: Captsteve on September 12, 2017, 05:50:44 PM
we like pics

Here ya go Steve  ;D
Pictures

merc1997

knew you would like it.  you will get many years of enjoyment from it.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Pacific NW Ron

Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Captsteve

That is one fine ride

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Elwood

Elwood

Lipripper

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Elwood on September 13, 2017, 01:52:31 PM
Here are the pics!!!

From your prop thread it looks like you're getting some numbers. Did you mention you have a video too??? ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Elwood

Yes...I have a video that is around 1min and 55 sec long so it takes up a lot of room.  I can only text to someone that has a iPhone.  I tried to email it but it was kicked back..
Elwood

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Elwood on January 03, 2018, 06:00:15 PM
Yes...I have a video that is around 1min and 55 sec long so it takes up a lot of room.  I can only text to someone that has a iPhone.  I tried to email it but it was kicked back..

Mike and Bigwrench are both iPhone guys. I receive videos from iPhoner's all the time on my Galaxy if you wanna try that. Any one of us can put it up for you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Elwood

I sent it via email.....hoping it works.  Let me know if it doesn't......
Elwood

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Elwood on January 03, 2018, 08:59:49 PM
I sent it via email.....hoping it works.  Let me know if it doesn't......

That Erya is a Rocket! Here's the video: Elwood's Erya

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

That boat fly's, shame you're stuck on boat roads around here.... you need to take her to Toledo Bend and stretch her legs. A few miles at top and and you might be surprised.

I still beat you if I get a better draw number ~roflmao Or you loose a lower unit :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

Now that's fast!! The PIV will only run about 70 the way it's set up, and that's plenty for me.
Fishin' Alabama

Elwood

Thanks guys....I knew if I did not get it on video no one would believe me or at least have a hard time believing it....lol  I had no idea this boat would perform like it is and the motor is just a straight power house.  If I get a 27 pitch I will post top end again....best top speed right now is 82.4 and on the limiter.  I have one that is a few mph faster but I did not see it on both GPS readings so I am not claiming it.

Mike....I have hit several areas on Caddo where it is easy to bust 80 so you better get a very good draw number...lol  Still no room to pass though...ha ha
Elwood

Mike Cork

Quote from: Elwood on January 04, 2018, 10:32:56 AM
Mike....I have hit several areas on Caddo where it is easy to bust 80 so you better get a very good draw number...lol  Still no room to pass though...ha ha

LOL, there are a few places to pass, I'll have to teach you. But not right now, the lake is way too low.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassCatBates

just saw the video!  Man that's smokin!

my little Sabre with the 150 will bump 70 and that's scary.... can't imagine what 81-82 feels like.  :shocking:
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Polaris425

Quote from: BassCatBates on January 12, 2018, 10:59:59 AM
just saw the video!  Man that's smokin!

my little Sabre with the 150 will bump 70 and that's scary.... can't imagine what 81-82 feels like.  :shocking:

It's really not as bad in a bigger boat (disclaimer, I've never been over 76) lol.

Pushing over 65 in my sabre would feel squirrely sometimes.
But you can ride at 68-70 all day in the PIV and it is smooth and easy.
Fishin' Alabama