Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluff Creek  (Read 127 times)

fishingram24

• Smallmouth
Bluff Creek
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »

On the water at 9am, lowest tide all summer due mainly to north winds we got from Irma, water temps also dropped almost 15 degrees from 3 weeks ago and 6 from last week ranging from 72-76 degrees and visibility of 2-3 feet, still dingy for this time of year but clearing and air temps from 66 early to near 80 in the afternoon. Fished for a couple of hours with 2 nice keepers and several shorts when buddy John called. 20 minutes later I picked him up at his dock and we proceeded to have a great afternoon. 19 keepers several 2-3 pounds and one that was almost 4 and 30 or more in the 10-12 inch range. All my fish came on  Mr. Hooty spinner baits with ultra vibe speed craw trailer while John used Zoom speed worm in June bug and almost all were relating to what we call cabbage grass in the creek or slightly deeper holes in the bayous of the creek and bunched up. I did have the bigger fish today including big fish but John probably caught a few more. With weather cooling down some I will be on the water much more now as the fall bite is just about to kick off good. Much better day than last week and weeks ahead should be good fishing.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
Re: Bluff Creek
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:28:27 AM »

Thanks for the report and sounds like you and John had a great day. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lee Smith

• Gotta Love It!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:15 AM »

Glad they are cranking up down there!  Hoping by the time I can fish again the brackish will come up and the spec's will be in  :-*  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »

Glad they are cranking up down there!  Hoping by the time I can fish again the brackish will come up and the spec's will be in  :-*  ;D
Keep at it Lee and for you know it you will be back out there catch some fish again. ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fishingram24

• Smallmouth
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »

With all the rain we have had this year its taken longer for the salt to move in. Did catch a 16" red swimming a Z craw jr. but no specks. Water is slowly clearing meaning brackish water moving in and hope we have a fall bite like last year when we absolutely slayed them for 3-4 months. Can't wait to hook into some bigger red fish!!
Retired and loving every minute of it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 36 queries.