Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE   
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

September 13, 2017

Nooksack River to close to pink salmon fishing

Action: Closes the mainstem Nooksack River to the retention of pink salmon effective Sept. 15. The North and South Forks of the Nooksack River will not open for pink salmon retention as scheduled Oct. 1.

Effective Date: Sept. 15, 2017, until further notice.

Species affected: Pink salmon.

Reason for action: The rule is necessary to protect returning pink runs to the Nooksack River Watershed (permanent regulations are already in place requiring release of wild chinook salmon). In-season run-size assessments conducted by state and tribal co-managers indicate that the run-size is below the escapement goal for pink salmon in the Nooksack River.

Other information: Sections of the North and South forks of the Nooksack River will open to fishing for other species of salmon as scheduled Oct. 1. Check the 2017-18 Fishing Rules Pamphlet for specific regulations.

Information contact: Mill Creek Regional Office: (425) 775-1311
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

From what I know they estimate it based on hatchery returns, if there is one, and creel checks.  I don't see any way to get an accurate count.
One thing we all know is you have to check rule changes everyday.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?