Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chatterbaits!  (Read 573 times)

MarkusBett18

• Smallmouth
  • Bassin Since 02
Chatterbaits!
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »

I have recently heard a lot of great things about the Chatterbait, there are so many out on the market some cheap some expensive I have no idea which ones to use. If any of you guys know what the best Chatterbait for the price Id love to know because I am very interested in getting one. Also what is the type of trailers to use on them! anyways thank you everyone for the help!

Keep Fishing!

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
Re: Chatterbaits!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »

Like you said there are so many of them out there and just about everyone make one. The one I use and like is the vibrashock made by  KaRu lures. I haven't tried any of the others so I can't speak on how they work. You can use all different kinds of trailers on them.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »

I like the OG brand. Z Man

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
  • Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

X2 on what LMG said
Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Forum Staff
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »

My favorites are the NuTech Crazy jigs but I also have the ZMan and a couple of Poenix. I don't use the last two anymore because of the lead law where I live but they are still good. Haven't had the chance to try out the KaRue's but can't also due to the lead law in our state.

Trailers vary depending on a variety of factors - Desired fall rate, amount of disturbance I am trying to create, profile of the lure etc.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »

I've been having good luck on two different colors of Z-man Chatterbaits, here in Palm Beach County. I use the 3/8oz in Sexy shad w/white head-silver blade and the chartreuse sexy shad w/chartreuse head-gold blade. For trailers, it all depends on the water and what I have available at the moment.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

cortman

• Charter Member
  • Obsessive Fisherman
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

Picasso Shock Blade. I haven't tried all of them on the market for sure but it definitely is hands down the best amongst those I've tried. Quality is extremely good.

cojab

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 11:05:45 PM »

I like the ZMan.
For a trailer I typically throw on a Reaction Inovations Little Dipper or Skinny Dipper depending on the profile Im looking for or a Keitech Fat Impact. I really like the swimbait action on a chatterbait.
I fish these in and around submerged grass.
TTK has spoken.

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »

I love the NuTech for fishing would and bushes and the Picasso for open deeper water applications.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ponson416

• Smallmouth
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

I'm glad I ran into this thread.  Cause I've never really fished chatterbaits.  But I'm always up for learning new ways to catch fish.  A couple weeks ago I ran across a Walmart clearance sale on fishing tackle and picked up a couple of SK rage blades.  I haven't caught anything on it yet, but one thing I notice is that it rides high in the water column.  This could be good in certain applications.  But I'm wondering if there are certain ones that tend to stay deeper.  Any advice on this?  Thanks in advance.
All men are equal before fish

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Forum Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:25:48 PM »

I'm glad I ran into this thread.  Cause I've never really fished chatterbaits.  But I'm always up for learning new ways to catch fish.  A couple weeks ago I ran across a Walmart clearance sale on fishing tackle and picked up a couple of SK rage blades.  I haven't caught anything on it yet, but one thing I notice is that it rides high in the water column.  This could be good in certain applications.  But I'm wondering if there are certain ones that tend to stay deeper.  Any advice on this?  Thanks in advance.

NuTech makes one called the Elite Blade. It's built on their Elite Grasshead jig and stays down fairly well compared to their regular model. Give Bo a call or shoot him a PM with any questions. He is always glad to talk and help out however he can.

If you do place an order don't forget UB members get a 10% discount with the code UB.  :-*
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

Ponson416

• Smallmouth
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »

NuTech makes one called the Elite Blade. It's built on their Elite Grasshead jig and stays down fairly well compared to their regular model. Give Bo a call or shoot him a PM with any questions. He is always glad to talk and help out however he can.

If you do place an order don't forget UB members get a 10% discount with the code UB.  :-*

Thanks Smallie!  I love all of my other Nutech lures, so this is perfect.  I'll definitely get some.   ;)
All men are equal before fish

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Forum Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:10:18 PM »

Glad to be of help.  :)

kadas

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »

Like you said there are so many of them out there and just about everyone make one. The one I use and like is the vibrashock made by  KaRu lures. I haven't tried any of the others so I can't speak on how they work. You can use all different kinds of trailers on them.
  Agree with Lipripper on this--really like the chatterbaits from KaRu--good hard vibration--well built and they catch fish. I personally can not endorse the Zman chatterbaits. I know this was a while ago but I bought several when they first introduced them and they actually just fell apart fishing them. Would not have minded if they would have fell apart while catching fish but sadly that was not the case. Sure they have a better product now but I will never know because they will not get anymore of my money >:(   Phoenix--Nu Tech and Seibert also make very good chatterbaits. Always use a Gambler little easy swimmer as a trailer on mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.