Chatterbaits!

Started by MarkusBett18, September 15, 2017, 06:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkusBett18

I have recently heard a lot of great things about the Chatterbait, there are so many out on the market some cheap some expensive I have no idea which ones to use. If any of you guys know what the best Chatterbait for the price Id love to know because I am very interested in getting one. Also what is the type of trailers to use on them! anyways thank you everyone for the help!

Keep Fishing!
><(((º>        <º)))><

Lipripper

Like you said there are so many of them out there and just about everyone make one. The one I use and like is the vibrashock made by  KaRu lures. I haven't tried any of the others so I can't speak on how they work. You can use all different kinds of trailers on them.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

I like the OG brand. Z Man

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

lostboy45b

Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

Smallie_Stalker

My favorites are the NuTech Crazy jigs but I also have the ZMan and a couple of Poenix. I don't use the last two anymore because of the lead law where I live but they are still good. Haven't had the chance to try out the KaRue's but can't also due to the lead law in our state.

Trailers vary depending on a variety of factors - Desired fall rate, amount of disturbance I am trying to create, profile of the lure etc.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

topdsm0138

I've been having good luck on two different colors of Z-man Chatterbaits, here in Palm Beach County. I use the 3/8oz in "woops"y shad w/white head-silver blade and the chartreuse "woops"y shad w/chartreuse head-gold blade. For trailers, it all depends on the water and what I have available at the moment.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

cortman

Picasso Shock Blade. I haven't tried all of them on the market for sure but it definitely is hands down the best amongst those I've tried. Quality is extremely good.

cojab

I like the ZMan.
For a trailer I typically throw on a Reaction Inovations Little Dipper or Skinny Dipper depending on the profile Im looking for or a Keitech Fat Impact. I really like the swimbait action on a chatterbait.
I fish these in and around submerged grass.
TTK has spoken.

Mike Cork

I love the NuTech for fishing would and bushes and the Picasso for open deeper water applications.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ponson416

I'm glad I ran into this thread.  Cause I've never really fished chatterbaits.  But I'm always up for learning new ways to catch fish.  A couple weeks ago I ran across a Walmart clearance sale on fishing tackle and picked up a couple of SK rage blades.  I haven't caught anything on it yet, but one thing I notice is that it rides high in the water column.  This could be good in certain applications.  But I'm wondering if there are certain ones that tend to stay deeper.  Any advice on this?  Thanks in advance.
All men are equal before fish

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Ponson416 on September 20, 2017, 06:36:25 PM
I'm glad I ran into this thread.  Cause I've never really fished chatterbaits.  But I'm always up for learning new ways to catch fish.  A couple weeks ago I ran across a Walmart clearance sale on fishing tackle and picked up a couple of SK rage blades.  I haven't caught anything on it yet, but one thing I notice is that it rides high in the water column.  This could be good in certain applications.  But I'm wondering if there are certain ones that tend to stay deeper.  Any advice on this?  Thanks in advance.

NuTech makes one called the Elite Blade. It's built on their Elite Grasshead jig and stays down fairly well compared to their regular model. Give Bo a call or shoot him a PM with any questions. He is always glad to talk and help out however he can.

If you do place an order don't forget UB members get a 10% discount with the code UB.  :-*

Ponson416

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 21, 2017, 05:25:48 PM
NuTech makes one called the Elite Blade. It's built on their Elite Grasshead jig and stays down fairly well compared to their regular model. Give Bo a call or shoot him a PM with any questions. He is always glad to talk and help out however he can.

If you do place an order don't forget UB members get a 10% discount with the code UB.  :-*

Thanks Smallie!  I love all of my other Nutech lures, so this is perfect.  I'll definitely get some.   ;)
All men are equal before fish

Smallie_Stalker

kadas

Quote from: Lipripper on September 15, 2017, 06:57:10 PM
Like you said there are so many of them out there and just about everyone make one. The one I use and like is the vibrashock made by  KaRu lures. I haven't tried any of the others so I can't speak on how they work. You can use all different kinds of trailers on them.
Agree with Lipripper on this--really like the chatterbaits from KaRu--good hard vibration--well built and they catch fish. I personally can not endorse the Zman chatterbaits. I know this was a while ago but I bought several when they first introduced them and they actually just fell apart fishing them. Would not have minded if they would have fell apart while catching fish but sadly that was not the case. Sure they have a better product now but I will never know because they will not get anymore of my money >:(   Phoenix--Nu Tech and Seibert also make very good chatterbaits. Always use a Gambler little easy swimmer as a trailer on mine

fishingram24

3/8 oz. Z man in Green Pumpkin or watermelon candy with a Zoom Fat Albert grub or ultra vibe speed craw has worked great for me for many years. Not much luck using a swim bait trailer, just use what works for me.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Lee Smith

NuTech Crazy Blitz!  The best hands down!  Black and blue during the pre and post spawn and White or Chartreuse/White most of the fall and summer.

Hits the head making that tick noise, will go through dang near anything, GREAT in pad stems!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SteveTX

Quote from: Lee Smith on October 26, 2017, 08:30:39 AM
NuTech Crazy Blitz!  The best hands down!  Black and blue during the pre and post spawn and White or Chartreuse/White most of the fall and summer.

Hits the head making that tick noise, will go through dang near anything, GREAT in pad stems!
I don't use chatterbaits a lot I have a few but rarely use them. Mainly use a spinnerbait over them but I am interested in the tick noise you mention. Are you saying the blade comes around and ticks against the head? I might have better luck with these if it makes a noise. My water is very dirty and I've had extremely good luck with baits that make a sound.
Also I have acres of pads where these might be really handy based on your comment. Thanks.

Lee Smith

Quote from: SteveTX on October 27, 2017, 11:06:10 AM
I don't use chatterbaits a lot I have a few but rarely use them. Mainly use a spinnerbait over them but I am interested in the tick noise you mention. Are you saying the blade comes around and ticks against the head? I might have better luck with these if it makes a noise. My water is very dirty and I've had extremely good luck with baits that make a sound.
Also I have acres of pads where these might be really handy based on your comment. Thanks.

Yes sir, they are made with a football head and the blade hits the head and ticks as you retrieve it.  The weed guard/hook up ratio mo better always in the top of the mouth arms really helps coming through the stems in the spring!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Down4ttown

Nutech is the best as I always can feel it. More confidence with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk