Caught a nice Jag

Started by Capt. BassinLou, September 17, 2017, 06:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Went fishing today and although I skunked on catching a bass, a very nice Jaguar Guapote slammed my bait. Once I saw how big it was I thought I may have tied or broken the state record which is 16", but I fell short by .5" Darn... lol!! Enjoy!!

Lipripper

That's a nice looking Jaguar Guapote  ~c~ ~c~ To bad it wasn't just a little bigger. So I guess since you caught a fish you didn't get skunked even if it was a Bass.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on September 17, 2017, 06:08:39 PM
That's a nice looking Jaguar Guapote  ~c~ ~c~ To bad it wasn't just a little bigger. So I guess since you caught a fish you didn't get skunked even if it was a Bass.  ;D

lo

Capt. BassinLou

Here's a little back ground of the Jaguar:
Jags are one of the many exotic fish we have here in South Florida. They are native to Central and South America. As you can see they have distinct coloration. They don't grow very big, but they make up for that in attitude. They are stocky bruisers with a fiesty attitude. There is a reason why I'm not lipping it. They have 2 little sharp teeth that I didn't want to mess with...  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 17, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
Here's a little back ground of the Jaguar:
Jags are one of the many exotic fish we have here in South Florida. They are native to Central and South America. As you can see they have distinct coloration. They don't grow very big, but they make up for that in attitude. They are stocky bruisers with a fiesty attitude. There is a reason why I'm not lipping it. They have 2 little sharp teeth that I didn't want to mess with...  lo
Do they ask for y'all to keep all the exotics when you catch them?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on September 17, 2017, 06:32:24 PM
Do they ask for y'all to keep all the exotics when you catch them?

No, although if you choose to keep them they do not have a bag limit. Peacock's do however.

Mike Cork

Peacocks were planted by Wildlife and fisheries, correct?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 18, 2017, 10:44:25 AM
Peacocks were planted by Wildlife and fisheries, correct?

Yes Mike, an experiment in the 80's. Little did they know the game fishery that was created as a indirect result. Many of the guided trips down here are for Peacock's..  lo