Hosston fishing report 10 & 17 Sept 2017

Started by Russ199A, September 18, 2017, 01:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ199A

10 Sept
Fished our club tourney, started at 0630 and finished at 1500. Water temp was mid 70's.
Started out on some trees and stumps that Buff and I found fish on in practice. Went to the stump that was holding fish and caught two small keepers on an Okeechobee craw beaver.   
Wind picked up out of the NE, so I picked up my A-rig and fished the open water straight out from the ramp. I've had luck out there in the past but it let me down that day. Made my way to the bank and started following it pitching the beaver and throwing a black buzz bait. After about 1/2 mile, I finally picked up keeper number three. To say it was tough would be an understatement.
Time was flying by so I decided to go hit single trees in the middle of the lake. Just as I got to the boat row a couple boats went by and I noticed a bass blow up next to a tree that just go waked.
I pitched the beaver to the tree and caught keeper number 4. That clued me in that there may be more than one fish in the area.
Time was 1415, I picked up a red trap and caught a fish on almost every cast for the next 30 minutes. Time was up or else I would have kept catching. The biggest on the trap came off a boat row pole and went 5.11 on the scales. After culling, my five went 12.06. Good enough for 3rd.

17 Sept
Took a buddy back with me and fished from 0700 to 1400. Water warmed up to 78* and wind was out of the south at 5 mph.  Fish were scattered more but still lots of fish in the area, they were just on scattered trees. Caught fish on blk/blue baby brush hawg, B/B beaver, purple worm, and one on the red trap. Wasn't able to really develop a pattern, just cover water in a giver area. We made 7 large circles in the area and picked up a couple fish each time.
We hit the trees down by the dam and only caught a Grinnell/shoe pick.
Still a fun day out on the water.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

Lipripper

Nice report and looks like on the 10th the fish were hungry and congratulation on your 3rd place finish.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Elwood

Hey Russ...it was nice seeing you out there on the 10th.  They where biting!!!  I weighed in 25.20 pounds in our clubs trailer tournament.  My fish came on a spinnerbait of course :shocking:
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Russ199A

2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!