Well made it out and caught some

Started by rb-nc, September 20, 2017, 06:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rb-nc

But boy was my execution terrible. You wouldn't think fishing skills would go away if it weren't fishing but they do. Didn't take long at all for the casting, pitching, and skipping to come back but the part between the ears was shot. I go so infrequently now I'm like a 5 year with severe ADD. I'm going 1000mph. First bite fish picks my bait up and goes flying off. Waited for what seemed like 1.5 hours to jerk, miss. I then miss two 4lb plus fish on a jig. Get them out of the cover , they jump and throw the bait. I never miss jig fish. Sit down to put on a new trailer, hook point is rolled. Should have checked before my first pitch. Then moved to another area a catch a couple and see several busting on top. Fish around for a while longer, then make a move. Time goes by no more bites. Mistake number two: don't leave fish to go find fish. Head back to the area and smoke the on topwater. After catching several the old brain finally starts working again. Put the topwater down and pick up the spoon. Started working on the bigger fish under the schoolies. Felt so good to fill that rod load up. What makes you fill better: the start of the outboard or the sound of drag ripping off

Rangerman

Well I'll be seeing you now that it has cooled down some.  Just as soon as I get the grass seed out and fert lo Hoping to do that today and then on the pond 3 or 4 days a week other than working.  Getting to be swim bait, and jerk bait time. ~c~

cport

So what kind of topwater did you use, rb?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

rb-nc

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

rb-nc

Quote from: cport on September 20, 2017, 08:19:08 AM
Had to google that one. Does it walk better than a spook?
It walks back and forth faster than a spook. Throw it 10:1 over the spook. The only spook I carry is over 25 years old

cport

Cool, might have to check one of those out
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

rb-nc

Quote from: cport on September 20, 2017, 08:27:55 AM
Cool, might have to check one of those out
Good luck I think the company has went under. They do say it was made from the same blank as the RI Vixen

Rangerman

All I can say is if you find the fish they will hit it lo Sometimes.  Glad RB back on the pond hope he get's more time to do it. Hell of a fishermen ~c~ No stuff guy's if you want to catch fish and lots of them just come to Norman in the next weeks. The cooler the water get's the more the bites.. Now don't look for big bites, but lot's of bite's ;)  About another 20-45 days it's going to be on big time. ;D ~fff The White Boat's will be gone, I Hope lo with the no boat skills, improper Nav Lights with Disco Lights and running Head Light's which is all illegal, BUT lo lo lo lo Wildlife can't get support to inforce. When they kill someone maybe they will enforce :( :(

rb-nc

Boots may be one of those years where the fish don't move back and stay on the main channel. Points are loaded. When the water gets down to 70 you better have a bunch of spinnerbaits

Rangerman

Man do I love a spinner bait because it seems to catch better fish, you don't lose many fish on them ~c~ Been awhile since the spinner bait was really kicking bass. lo Thinking about going to the Chowan just to catch some spinner bait fish lo lo RB if you can get lose any Tuesday am join us for the Five for Five Club out of the Rocks. Open to anyone, it's $5.00 for five hours, three fish limit plus $1.00 for big fish.  Guys it's a winner take all. We have a good turn out. Now if it's raining like H and the win blow don't show these guys got too much sense, they don't go. lo lo Now the Thursday crowd they go rain, sleet, hail, hurricane's and the like. Much be 60 or old to fish that tuff man contest and best have a real sack of fish.  :shocking: :surrender:

rb-nc

Robert won a tourny 2 weeks ago on a double Colorado on the TN river. He had 21lbs, second place was 11

sparetime

Good to see you back on the water RB. Finding the right water now is key as well. I haven't ventured much farther up farther than Rocky  or much lower than marker 8 lately. Boots How many more have to get hurt or killed? Not killed, just hurt. Look at Dave and Bobby, their lives are changed forever just b/c some a$$ wanted to sneak around with no lights on. Didn't even happen to me and I quit night fishing for that reason.

Rangerman

I dam sure not safe on this lake after dark due to improper nav. lights, disco lights and docking lights over powering the Nav Lights.  LEO need to crack down on these idiots ~b~. Not warn em but write to tickets and put a few in jail. ;D