Smallmouth Fishing, Lake Champlain, 9/22

Started by Canesfan, September 22, 2017, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canesfan

I figured if I put this in Vermont Fishing, no one would see it sooo....
Have been in Vermont all week visiting Son and family. My son is a Fireman/EMT with City of Burlington and one of his co-workers has a guide Service on his off days.
We went out this morning with chilly (for us) conditions but Summer conditions for them. Water was 71 which Matt ( our guide) said was very, very unusual for this time of year. He said he would run around and see what his electronics showed. We ended up finding a few fish, no monsters but what was interesting was that the one shown was caught on a Texas rigged purple trick worm and was caught exactly using same techniques as here in Florida. Other fish were caught on a Chatterbait, swimbait, swim jig. 
Had a great time and finally got to catch some smallies, see my son and daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons and get away of the stress of Hurricanes. Not necessarily in that order, lol.

Lipripper

That's a nice looking Smallie and glad you had a good time with the family and caught some nice fish also.  ~c~ ~c~ I bet it felt good to be out of that heat for a week.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Nice fish! Sounds like you had a good time!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Canesfan

Quote from: Lipripper on September 22, 2017, 03:17:18 PM
That's a nice looking Smallie and glad you had a good time with the family and caught some nice fish also.  ~c~ ~c~ I bet it felt good to be out of that heat for a week.
They said it's been unusually warm ( high 70's, low 80's) for this time of year but evenings have been very nice compared to brutal S. Florida and less humidity.

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the report Canesfan, glad you had a good time with your family.

Smallie_Stalker

My absolute favorite lake to fish ever. Nice smallie!!!  ~c~ 
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Canesfan

big g

Dave I'm glad you got out with the guys up there, and got a break from all this humidity.  That's a nice smallie, and I'm sure the lake was pretty.  I have taken the ferry across the lake several times on our way to New Hampshire, and enjoyed the ride.  What were you throwing to catch them.  On Lake Erie we often used suspending jerkbaits, and Golbies.  Enjoy the family time, and have a safe trip back.

You didn't see Champ while you were there??????? ;) ;) ;)
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Canesfan

Hey George. Yeah not looking forward to the humidity. The guide, Matt, had the rods pre-rigged with spinnerbaits, small inline spinners, chatterbaits, swimbaits, stuff like that. I wasn't having much luck so I switched to a 1/4 oz. bullet weight and a purple trick worm. Was in 15 feet of water throwing to a weed line.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.