2006 Pro Team 190TX

Started by wvridgerider, September 24, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvridgerider

I looked at a 2006 Pro Team 190X. The boat has not been used very much. The hull is in excellent shape. It  is owned by a guy that is in his late 60's and has all of the original paperwork. We hooked up water and it fired right up and idled smoothly. It has a Merc 90HP 2 smoke on it, the cavitation plate s paint is not even worn off. Only issue I found was one of the compartments is musty smelling, he had some toilet paper in there that was wet. He has it for $9500 and may not budge.  Just want a few opinions.

Lipripper

Sounds like a nice boat. Did he say how the TP got wet? Might have a leak. At $9,500 for a 2006 I would look around a little more cause for a few $1,000 more you could find a newer boat I'm sure.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Wizard

I drove a Pro Team 190 with both the 90 and 115 hp Merc. The 115 is, by far, the better engine and will go 43-46 mph. The 90 tops at about 34-38 mph. A lot of features for a tin boat. At 11 years old, you can find a few fiberglass boats still in good shape for that price. Here is a link to the boat review for the 190.
http://www.boattest.com/review/tracker/2801_pro-team-190-tx

Wizard

wvridgerider

I dont have a BPS near me and am considering new but smaller. I want an aluminum boat due to the rivers here. Does BPS have sales this time of year? I have a Tracker dealer but they dont budge. I am new to buying boats but have experience with them as I work for the Corps. My brother lives in Richmond and he is going to stop by one there.

wvridgerider

cojab

Quote from: wvridgerider on September 24, 2017, 03:05:12 PM
Does BPS have sales this time of year? I have a Tracker dealer but they dont budge.

I dont think I've ever seen a sale on Trackers.
Then again if you ask BPS they will say they're on sale every day! lo
TTK has spoken.

SteveTX

Quote from: wvridgerider on September 24, 2017, 03:05:12 PM
I dont have a BPS near me and am considering new but smaller. I want an aluminum boat due to the rivers here. Does BPS have sales this time of year? I have a Tracker dealer but they dont budge. I am new to buying boats but have experience with them as I work for the Corps. My brother lives in Richmond and he is going to stop by one there.
Not so sure about a sale per say but they have this page Boat Specials and Promotions that has the link to here 2017 Model Year Clearance That basically says
Model Year Clearance Going on Now for All 2017 TRACKER Boats!

It's that time of year—time for massive savings on America's favorite boats! The 2017 TRACKER Model Year Clearance is here. Save on new 2017 and prior year model packages while supplies last.

Also receive a Bass Pro VIP card for discounts up to 20% on most purchases at Bass Pro Shops for up to two years!

Contact your dealer for complete details.
All 2017 Models   Clearance Going On Now

wvridgerider

I was considering a Tracker Grizzley also. Anyone have an opinion on that?

jyu87

Quote from: wvridgerider on September 24, 2017, 06:49:48 PM
I was considering a Tracker Grizzley also. Anyone have an opinion on that?

I had a 1448 Tracker Grizzly. Thing is indestructible and customization is a breeze. What kind of fishing do you do (ie lakes, ponds, big water?)
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

Down4ttown

Quote from: Wizard on September 24, 2017, 02:57:04 PM
I drove a Pro Team 190 with both the 90 and 115 hp Merc. The 115 is, by far, the better engine and will go 43-46 mph. The 90 tops at about 34-38 mph. A lot of features for a tin boat. At 11 years old, you can find a few fiberglass boats still in good shape for that price. Here is a link to the boat review for the 190.
http://www.boattest.com/review/tracker/2801_pro-team-190-tx

Wizard
You sure Wizard? My neighbor has the Pro Team 190 with the 90 Merc and he gets 45 all day with two of us in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jyu87

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 19, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
You sure Wizard? My neighbor has the Pro Team 190 with the 90 Merc and he gets 45 all day with two of us in the boat.

Idk about that. But I could be wrong. My buddy with his PT185 with a 90 2-Stroke gets 40-41 max. Pretty slick calm too. Every boat and motor could be a little different. However, if your neighbor goes 25 with 2 people, that is awesome.

2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

Down4ttown

I am fairly confident as I have been out with him several times. He runs a stainless steel prop but I think that is the only real mod he has made to it.

Down4ttown

My tracker is 1996 with a 60hp four stroke and it will hit 35-37 with just me depending on the water.

Oldfart9999

If it's in that good of shape then yes, it's worth it not a great deal but not bad either. Their lockers tend to leak some, throw the tp away and Febreeze it, you can do a pretty good job of waterproofing the compartments by making sure the drains are clear and using weather stripping around the lid.
If I had the money I'd be looking at it!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.