Why?????

Started by Oldfart9999, September 27, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Why do I have to wait for 5 or more minutes before HDS 7 Touch Gen 2 will read a sift bottom or in weeds? It's useless when it doesn't!!!!! ~xyz ~rant ~xyz!!!!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Rodney sounds like something isn't working right.  :-\

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

I don't know a lot about the way they work but if you're using the auto settings, it may be looking for and finding the best parameters for the conditions.  :-\
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Princeton_Man on September 27, 2017, 05:30:47 PM
I don't know a lot about the way they work but if you're using the auto settings, it may be looking for and finding the best parameters for the conditions.  :-\
I'm on the auto settings at the moment, I'll get back to doing custom but it's a problem I've had that I don't with my HDS5, I may have to try a different 'ducer. At times it makes me wish I still had my Eagle 480 Elite!!! I was hoping one of the Lowrance gurus might have an idea or 2.
Rodney

THfishing

Make sure it has the latest software update, also check to make sure your transducer is not cracked or kicked up or down. If that doesn't work I would try and new transducer. Over time the transducers will loose its elements causing it not to read as well.

Oldfart9999

It is updated, I'll check the 'ducer. Thanks!
Rodney

Mike Cork

I just had a transducer go bad and it had a similar symptom among many others.

Also check to make sure it's on the Freshwater setting. Somethings this helps.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 02, 2017, 10:28:12 AM
I just had a transducer go bad and it had a similar symptom among many others.

Also check to make sure it's on the Freshwater setting. Somethings this helps.
Thanks for the reminder about freshwater Mike, I might have missed that, I'll check it tomorrow!!
Rodney

Oldfart9999

It was in Fresh water, I changed it to shallow water and that helped! I know in heavy grass they don't work so good but it should in moderate grass, now it takes a couple of minutes but does work.
Rodney

Mike Cork

Sounds like you still may have transducer problems. If you have two units can you swap the ducers just to troubleshoot?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

I had a spare, I was going to look for it today and try it if I do, I may have given it to friend and tournament partner. It is working better though.
Rodney

fishin couillon

Also make sure that you have the correct ducer selected in the installation menu....

coldfront

Quote from: THfishing on September 30, 2017, 12:39:20 PM
Make sure it has the latest software update, also check to make sure your transducer is not cracked or kicked up or down. If that doesn't work I would try and new transducer. Over time the transducers will loose its elements causing it not to read as well.

what is average lifetime of a transducer?

Oldfart9999

I couldn't find the transducer so I must have given it to my friend. I made some adjustments, just trying some things and it's working much better. I hope I don't have to do a hard reset again, it's no fun!!
Thanks for all the tips!!
Rodney