Garmin Observations

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 30, 2017, 05:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Last week I had the pleasure of fishing with Princeton Man at Guntersville.  I wanted to have a good look at his Garmin sonar just to satisfy my curiosity.  Well I gotta tell you the system he has (I did not pay attend to the model)  was just excellent.  It is a chirp system and the display images were crystal clear and the level of detail was great.  My favorite feature happened to be the way you can choose navigation aids.  I sit at the helm for a bit and stepped through the menus and was impressed at how easy it was to navigate within the product.  Going from screen to screen was very simple and the layout of the screen made it very easy to select where you wanted to view.  Perhaps later Jim will drop by and identify the system but for you folks thinking about a new system you should at least consider the Garmin, I know I will if my humminbirds need to be replaced.  JMHO

D.W. Verts

"Back in the Day", when I sold boats for a living, I had many bad issues with depth finders on customers boats. Except for Garmin- never the first issue in the last three years that I sold. Soooo, when I started to set-up the old bass boat hull I bought,  I went with Garmin again- a Striker 73cv and a Chartplotter 93sv. I'm also adding a Panoptix transducer.

I'm looking forward to using these. I mean, REALLY lookin' forward to it!
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Princeton_Man

It was a pleasure to fish with you as well Bud! You're always welcome in the Stratos!

The Garmin is the EchoMap CHIRP 73SV. I never did get to show you all of the bells and whistles, I am very satisfied with the unit. The auto navigation is aided by the LakeVu HD Ultra. I can't imagine it being any better, but now that Garmin has acquired Navionics, who knows.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club