Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct Bassing and BS'n  (Read 3811 times)

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Oct Bassing and BS'n
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »

Afternoon top and like them cartoons.  lo lo How you doing today? Here's a few of my cartoons.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • B.A.S.S. Life Member / LSCR Club Member
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »

Greetings guys,

Blue Bird Skies with the temps in the mid 70's for most of the day  ~sun  Not much happening here just working and getting thing ready for this weekend.  Fishing For Freedom Banquet is Friday night Randy Howell former Bassmasters Classic Champion is our Guest Speaker.  There will some Triton Pro Staff Members there also.  Gary Klein has made an appearance and fished this event every year since it started.  He has won the event prior and as always finished in the Top 10. 

My partner is coming over tomorrow night to get the Stratos uploaded.  Saturday morning isn't the time to be getting things loaded.  There's 232 Teams signed up for this event so far.  Launch time is 5am with the first flight taking off at safe light 7:15am.  I'm in the 2nd flight boat # 32.  The weather forecast for Saturday is calling for Clear Skies 68 / 92 with a South wind.  I'm really looking forward to this year.  This will be the best weather we've had in 5 yrs.  If the fish play right its going to take at least 20lbs to take 1st Place.  I can't wait  ~shade

Lip & Top; Guys my side was hurting from reading those cartoons.  I've seen some of those before a LONG TIME ago.  Tks for sharing them.

Rodney; Hope you get this ear infection over with soon.  You got some fishing to get done before Ole Man Winter kicks in.

SHC; Hope you and the daughter get to feeling better also.

To everyone have a great day tomorrow.  Hope everyone gets to feeling better also. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2017, 07:12:48 PM »

What good is fishing and bs'ing if ya can't enjoy a few laughs amongst friends? Lol.

Ever seen the bass boat commercial where he ejects the blond from the back? That one never gets old.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:55 AM »

Good morning UB nation! 51 headed to 64, cloudy. winter is coming!! Have to take the truck in for an oil change then shopping, gym then therapy, such an exciting day, hope my heart can take it. lo lo ::)
Lip, I may wind up on Cipro pills before this is over, I'm still draining and it's still brown, ugh! :(
SHC, I grew into my allergies, get a shot in each arm every 2 weeks, they do a pretty good job, the ear infections maybe a product of cool wet weather though.
Donald, hope you guys do well, I know you'll enjoy it no matter the outcome!! ~c~ ~c~
Top, I've always enjoyed those cartoons, a good chuckle is a great way to start the day!
Have a great day, stay safe!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »

everyone and it's 57* overcast but no  ~rain and a 15 MPH wind out of the E blowing over Lake Michigan and only suppose to reach 62* yelp Rodney winter is just around the corner. Hope your ear infection gets better soon. Top that was a funny video also just like the one from Mc Donald's one about the guy who goes fishing and his wife wasn't to happy about it.  So he discovers that big fish love Mc Donnald's then he takes his wife fishing. lo lo Donald good luck in the tournament on Sat and hope y'all get that nice weather for it this time. Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there and don't forget to include Mike and Laurie and the kids in your prayers this morning.

Mc Donalds Fishing
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:47:13 AM by Lipripper »

SteelHorseCowboy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »

Was looking at boats on Craigslist, and got kinda freaked out.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »

So what freaked you out the boat or the Howdie Doodie doll?

SteelHorseCowboy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »

That's a scary looking doll man!

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »

everyone and it's 57* overcast but no  ~rain and a 15 MPH wind out of the E blowing over Lake Michigan and only suppose to reach 62* yelp Rodney winter is just around the corner. Hope your ear infection gets better soon. Top that was a funny video also just like the one from Mc Donald's one about the guy who goes fishing and his wife wasn't to happy about it.  So he discovers that big fish love Mc Donnald's then he takes his wife fishing. lo lo Donald good luck in the tournament on Sat and hope y'all get that nice weather for it this time. Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there and don't forget to include Mike and Laurie and the kids in your prayers this morning.

Mc Donalds Fishing
Well, after that, think I'm gonna ask the wife if she wants to go fishing. Lol

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »

Well, after that, think I'm gonna ask the wife if she wants to go fishing. Lol

Don't forget the Mc Donnald's  lo lo

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »

SHC, you're too young to remember the "Howdee Doodee Show" with Buffalo Bob, Clarabell the Clown and the star of the show Howdee himself. It was a cool show for kids, with laughs, learning and music. Nothing to be freaked out about.
Rodney

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 08:59:28 PM »

Good evening to everyone,

Clear skies with the temps in the low 80's for most of the day here in Central Texas  ~sun  Busy day at school the little knot heads have begun tearing stuff up.  I had to replace (2) paper towel dispensers this afternoon.  They pulled them open somehow and dismantled the guts inside.  Some of the parts were in the floor others in the trash cans.  They then took slime and smeared it all over the mirrors and threw some up on the ceiling which dripped all over the floor.  They completely emptied the paper towel dispenser and had the paper thrown all over the rest room floor.  I would really like to catch these boys doing this.

Got the Stratos and pickup gassed up and ready for Saturday.  Tomorrow before heading off to work I'll get the battery charger fired up.  The batteries ought to be fully charged by the time I get home from the banquet tomorrow night.  I got (19) rods rigged up covering everything from top to bottom. 

If the wind isn't too bad I'm going to just drop the trolling motor and wear that North Bluff bank out.  There's (2 miles) of gravel, boulders, laydowns, standing timber, submerged timber bank and numerous cuts and small coves to fish there  ~shade   If the wind is ugly I'm heading up into Cowhouse Creek and break out my LSCR's and spend the day flipping and pitching Soft Plastics ;)

Lip, Rodney hope you guys are feeling better.  SHC; The 'Howdee Doodee Show' was the hit back in the day.  Top; Tks for sharing the McDonald's video with us.  That was pretty cool.

You all take care and have a pleasant day tomorrow.  I'm going to be off line till late Saturday or early Sunday.  I'm going to take some of pictures of the banquet and the tournament.  Hopefully my partner and I will have our pictures in there with a good limit  ~shade

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2017, 05:16:28 AM »

TGIF!!! 2 whole days to relax starting tonight at 12:00 PM, play hard, fish if you can, you'll be able to relax at work Monday, just tell the boss I said it's ok!! lo lo lo lo ::) ::) ;) ;) 53 headed to 63, weather is supposed to be decent, the boat is hooked to the truck!! ;D The ear is still bugging me so I'm not going far.
Lip, what's on the menu at your place this weekend? I'm under orders, steak from the grill, I have some 2-3 inch thick steaks in the freezer, the gas grill will hit max heat for the sear, salt, pepper, that's all on them, quick sear, medium rare to rare, the bosses will be medium, she likes all her meat way over cooked. lo lo lo
Donald, go out there and show them how it's done, hope you do very well and have a great time!!!
Top, any more of those cartoons? How's the fishing, you getting any in?
SHC, now that you know all about Howdy Doody are going to buy the puppet or the boat? lo
Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!!!
Rodney   

SteelHorseCowboy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2017, 07:04:07 AM »

Hey I've seen some howdee doodie reruns. That don't make the doll any less creepy though!

TGIF, but I'm working tomorrow!

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »

and It's 60* and the  ~sun is out most of the time with no wind and suppose to get up to 71* and 74* tomorrow but calling for some  ~rain Donald good luck out there tomorrow and hope y'all find some nice hungry fish. Sounds like them monsters are back again. It would be nice if you could catch them in the act. Rodney them steaks sound good I'm not sure what if anything I'm goign to be cooking this weekend might just take some Crappie fillets out of the freezer and cut up some potatoes with some onion and green peppers and seasoning salt and pepper with some olive oil poured over it and wrapped in foil and put on the gas grill for about 1/2 hour. Hope everyone has a good day and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their mother today at some time.

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »

Afternoon guys. Was out fishing Tradewinds Park earlier when a guy came up to fish by me. We both caught a few but then he asked the weirdest question "Where's your measuring stick at?! How do you know how big he is if you don't measure him?" "Well to be honest, I really don't care how big he is or what he weighs. I just enjoy catching them and throwing them back." "So how do you k ow if it's legal to keep or not?" "Easy, I don't keep any, I just throw them back."

Is catch n release really that hard of a concept to grasp for people? You mean I've been doing it wrong by just enjoying the outdoors and my sport? Lol.

Besides, that 1-2lb guy you just threw back, can grow up to be a little kids first big bass they catch tomorrow, that ignites their love of it.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2017, 02:15:54 PM »

Afternoon top and glad you caught a few fish and let them go back to get bigger for the kids to might catch one day. ~c~ ~c~

SteelHorseCowboy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2017, 07:10:11 AM »

Catch and release is easy for me to get. I'm good for about two catfish fillets, any more than that and it's like a scene from "The Exorcist".
So no need to even bother keeping them for me.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »

everyone and we are getting the  ~rain today it's been coming down off and on since midnight and my 2 & 1/2 year old great grandson spent the night and he's afraid of the   Rodney y'all still getting  ~rain up your way also? Donald hope your tournament is going ok today and your catching lots of keeper fish. SHC sorry you can't eat very may fish fillets before getting sick. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the grandkids and their daughter again today.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »

Afternoon all! 70 at the moment, cloudy, rain and high winds on the way, very high winds, flood warnings for the south shore of Ontario again. Got out yesterday for a bit before the wind sent me home. Picked 3, lost 3, didn't get to fish any more. I didn't go out today, would have been a great day but my sinuses were stuffed up big time, happens every year when the weather is like it is now, spring and fall. I did take my snowblower in for a going over before we get hit, figured it would 3 or 4 weeks possibly more, I should have it back in 2 weeks. lo I think it may need a drive belt and disc and frankly I didn't feel like going through that and then leaving it apart while I waited for parts, I'll let the service shop do that, the old body aint what it used to be, it's old. lo
Hope everybody is having a good weekend, just be safe!!
Rodney

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »

Evening Rodney and glad you were able to catch a few fish before the wind blow you off. Good call on getting that fixed but I hope your wrong on the time frame for your first We have been getting off and on since midnight and it's still  ~rain and they are calling for another round of later tonight. We could use the  ~rain cause we were about 6" below normal or more. You have a good evening. I just got a call from John and he was wanting me to come back down to do some more fishing in a couple of weeks. He said to keep an eye on the weather and jump on the train when the fish start putting on the winter feed and he would bring me back when we were done. I said I would think about it but I couldn't take the cold anymore since my Cancer treatment. We will just have to wait and see.

SteelHorseCowboy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »

Didn't get to go fishing today. Showed up to work early to borrow the work truck since I'd be going off road, and my coworker was "OH MY GAWD I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!"
He'd gotten hold of something that done messed his stomach up and he was pretty much done.
Oh well. I just went ahead and clocked in so he could head home and suffer in comfort.

Went to Fred's yesterday and got me a cheapo $25 grill. My last one gave it up earlier this summer after 3 years of pretty regular use. Bout to throw some burgers on it.
I would so love to have a nice grill. The one I've got picked out I think is about $250 or so. But the money... $25 every few years?

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »

Good morning to everyone,

Cloudy skies with light rain and 72 dgrs for the start of the morning here in Central Texas  ~rain  Fishing for Freedom event is completed for another year.  My partner and I caught fish but was only able to weigh in (1) keeper.  The weather was great couldn't have asked for better.  I'm going to put together another thread later on after they post the final standings.  It took over 20lbs to win the event.  The guys that won also had Big Bass.  There were 228 teams that fished the event.

Lip; Sounds like youns got some nasty weather up your way.  Hope everyone made it through the night and no damage done to your property.

Rodney; I don't miss plowing snow.  When we moved to Ft. Richardson, Alaska the first new item I bought was a snow blower.  I actually enjoyed getting out clearing drive ways and the side walk down to the community mail box.  After (3) yrs the fun wore off.  Congrats on catching some fish yesterday.

SHC; Enjoy the grilling this weekend.

To everyone have a very pleasant day.

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »

We are back from Santee and everything is unloaded and almost put away.  The boat has been cleaned and taken back to the storage lot.  Just now starting to gather things together for the Guntersville rally.  With the reports from Lee my tackle choices require a bit more thought and planning.  Just finished buying my Alabama fishing license so that little task is done.  I am planning on ordering another Daiwa TWSV103XS sometime today or tomorrow and hope to have it by rally time.

We are expecting some rain in here tomorrow so she who shall be obeyed wants the lawn mowed before the rain.  Being a good soldier I certainly will do that.  While I am in Guntersville she wants to power wash the driveway and sidewalks and patios.  I guess she is planning on being very busy during my absence.  Somehow I expect it will be waiting for me to finish up when I return home.

Cooler weather is heading in with some temps dropping into the upper 40s overnight this coming week.  It will be a welcome change from all the heat that summer brought.  Maybe the AC will finally stop running.

We finished our 50th Anniversary celebration with a nice dinner with friends last evening at a local restaurant.  No matter how long one lives it is those special moments with friends that always makes for great memories.

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2017, 12:28:04 PM »

Afternoon everyone and the wind is blowing at 15 to 20 MPH and it's overcast and 56* but the  ~rain has moved on after dumping 5" in a 24 hour period  ~sweat Donald glad y'all had a nice day to fish and glad y'all caught some fish even if they wasn't the bigger ones. Bud glad y'all made it back home safe and had a good time even if the fish didn't want to bite. Rodney y'all getting any  ~rain for that cold front that is passing through your area yet? SHC sorry you didn't get to go fishing and them $25 grills can cook a lot of food.  ;D  Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 35 queries.