Tough day on Okhissa lake today

Started by Sandman7925, October 01, 2017, 06:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman7925

Fished till 2:30pm and only caught 2. One was decent, it hammered a 12 inch worm. Caught a small one on a whopper plopper. I went through every bait I had trying to catch fish. But from the few people I talked too on the water and at the launch I suspect my 2 might've been the best of the day from that lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and it sounds like you were lucky to catch the two you did.  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

Sounds like you found a couple on a rough day for everyone.  Way to go
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Mike Cork

Thanks for the report. I'll fish all day for a chunk like that, good job ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

offshoremedic

My go to bait when the bite is that tough is a Yum Dinger (junebug), wacky rigged, fish the primary points. Okhissa is a tough lake to figure out, beautiful area, healthy fish from what I've caught.
Anyone else got any go to baits for okhissa?
"Education is Important... but Bass Fishing is More Importanter"

Lee Smith

Quote from: offshoremedic on March 16, 2018, 07:32:35 AM
My go to bait when the bite is that tough is a Yum Dinger (junebug), wacky rigged, fish the primary points. Okhissa is a tough lake to figure out, beautiful area, healthy fish from what I've caught.
Anyone else got any go to baits for okhissa?

Sent you a PM, believe me, it's the bomb there!  ;)   Okhissa is absolutely beautiful and has 2 sets of Balds on it if your lucky enough to see them.  It had a fish kill a few years back (some weird bacteria) but is bounding back and will just get better and better! 
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Moondawg09

I fished Okhissa for the 1st time yesterday for 4 hours and didn't get any bites, beautiful lake very close to home. I threw everything I could think of. Does anyone have any advice on lures for late February ? Thanks for any help. I have a tournament there tomorrow and just don't want to get skunked.

coldfront

they sure are pretty coming out of cold water!