Rain

Started by MarkusBett18, October 10, 2017, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkusBett18

Howdy Y'all! I live here in New Hampshire, We haven't had any hard rain in months, until yesterday. 10/9/2017 it rained cats and dogs about half the day. I was planning on skipping school with my dad to go fishing but will the fishing suck after it raining. I mean the weather change up might effect the fish since It has not rained in forever. What do you guys thinks, should I go tomorrow or should I hold off.

Thanks !
><(((º>        <º)))><

fishballer06

You're asking a bunch of fishermen if you should go fishing?  ~rain
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

MarkusBett18

Quote from: fishballer06 on October 10, 2017, 03:18:47 PM
You're asking a bunch of fishermen if you should go fishing?  ~rain

I can either go Wednesday, or Thursday, It rained Monday, so should I go Wednesday, or should I wait until Thursday.
><(((º>        <º)))><

Mike Cork

Depends on the system. Did it come with a hard frontal passage or was it part of one of these hurricanes?

If I had to chose I'd pick the one farthest from the front. But if I could go both days I would and use it as an excuse to learn which would be better for next time :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 10, 2017, 03:56:04 PM
Depends on the system. Did it come with a hard frontal passage or was it part of one of these hurricanes?

If I had to chose I'd pick the one farthest from the front. But if I could go both days I would and use it as an excuse to learn which would be better for next time :-*

Haha smart. and I believe the rain was just some run off from a hurricane near florida, do you still think I should wait another day?
><(((º>        <º)))><

Mike Cork

I wouldn't wait then. I'd hit the water. If the lake came up any, it will have a new life to it. Fresh bugs start the food chain. Then if you put the smack down on them, you'll have a reason to find a way to go the second day :-*

Seriously though if it wasn't a major frontal rain, it can really turn them on this time of year. But they are fish and they fool me on a regular basis.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 10, 2017, 04:11:25 PM
I wouldn't wait then. I'd hit the water. If the lake came up any, it will have a new life to it. Fresh bugs start the food chain. Then if you put the smack down on them, you'll have a reason to find a way to go the second day :-*

Seriously though if it wasn't a major frontal rain, it can really turn them on this time of year. But they are fish and they fool me on a regular basis.

Amazing! thanks boss!
><(((º>        <º)))><

Lipripper

You look and sound sick maybe you should take a couple of  days off and go visit the Dock.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Only one 100% way to know and that is to get fishing.  ~cf

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: MarkusBett18 on October 10, 2017, 03:01:05 PM
rained cats and dogs about half the day.

That's a lot of cats and dogs. I hope you didn't step in any poodles.  ::) ~shade lo

Seriously though, IMO any day you can go fishing is a good day.  ~sun
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Lipripper on October 10, 2017, 05:01:08 PM
You look and sound sick maybe you should take a couple of  days off and go visit the Dock.  ;D

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
><(((º>        <º)))><

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 10, 2017, 05:10:38 PM
That's a lot of cats and dogs. I hope you didn't step in any poodles.  ::) ~shade lo

Seriously though, IMO any day you can go fishing is a good day.  ~sun

Best joke ive heard in a while  ~c~ ~roflmao. Im going tomarrow, fishing with these tubes and new tube hooks I got, Ill make sure to catch some BIG NH Smallies for you  ~shhh
><(((º>        <º)))><

Smallie_Stalker

Thank you sir!!!  ;D

lostboy45b

Let us know how it goes, remember pics or it didn't happen
Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

flowerjohn

I would fish Wednesday since if you put it off til Thursday and something comes up then you didn't fish at all. Heck, go now!

Message sent via the FC Network.

Oldfart9999

And why are you skipping school? I hate to be the adult in the room but your studies are the most important thing on your plate right now.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 10, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
And why are you skipping school? I hate to be the adult in the room but your studies are the most important thing on your plate right now.
Rodney
Haha don't worry, I chose the days that I'm not doing much in, and then stay after to complete the missing room.
><(((º>        <º)))><

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 10, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
Rodney

I told him the same thing in a PM a while back Rodney. Kids.  ::)   lo 

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 12, 2017, 05:56:03 PM
I told him the same thing in a PM a while back Rodney. Kids.  ::)   lo

Of course we would NEVER have thought of doing anything like that when we were kids!!! lo lo lo ;) ;) ::) ::)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Nope. Not me. Never. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ::) ~shade

Lipripper

Quote from: MarkusBett18 on October 10, 2017, 03:49:46 PM
I can either go Wednesday, or Thursday, It rained Monday, so should I go Wednesday, or should I wait until Thursday.
So did y'all go fishing and if so we need a report.  lo lo

MarkusBett18

I went fishing at a new body of water, and caught NO bass but caught a lot of Chain Pickerel. Including my biggest one yet, Image Below!

><(((º>        <º)))><

Lipripper

Sorry you didn't catch any Bass but that Chain Pickerel was a nice size one and beats catching nothing.  ;D

MarkusBett18

Quote from: Lipripper on October 14, 2017, 10:53:26 AM
Sorry you didn't catch any Bass but that Chain Pickerel was a nice size one and beats catching nothing.  ;D

Thanks and exactly!
><(((º>        <º)))><

LgMouthGambler

Them things put up a good fight. Put a hurtin on a spinnerbait. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.