Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignorant People  (Read 1043 times)

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
  • Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
Ignorant People
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:00:59 PM »

I will start off by saying I am a retired military verteran. I am in college right now and I have 1 semester left and I have been on the dean's list since my first semester. I consider myself a good role model for today's youth. This is all my opinion.

Today, while at school, I was informed by a faculty member that ALL, yes I said all, veterans are a bad influence on students and society as a whole. Now, me being me, I wanted to explode and I did not. I remained calm and sternly explained to her that the only reason she has the ability to run her mouth like that and to judge people is because of a lot of people like me who came before me and shed a lot of blood for her freedom.

Maybe I am wrong by being mad, but I don't think so. If I am being to sensitive please let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
Re: Ignorant People
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »

Your not wrong and that's the trouble with most of the colleges and professors that teach at them.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

WarriorRiverTackle

• Ultimate Basser
  • Fishin' Alabama
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »

want me to come throat punch her?  ~b~
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

flowerjohn

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »

Did she espouse this stereotype during a lecture?

Message sent via the FC Network.

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »

No she proceeded to tell her Student Activities Board all of this during a meeting then to me this morning

DocIrv

• I fish, therfore I smell.... good...
  • Charter Member
    • Doc Irv Custom Baits
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »

Report her to the Dean and get her fired or make her take a course in open mindedness and humility.
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »

I have requested a meeting with the president on Friday. We will see what happens.

Donald Garner

• LM Forum Staff
  • B.A.S.S. Life Member / LSCR Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »

I have requested a meeting with the president on Friday. We will see what happens.

You did right by your actions.  Keep us informed of the meeting.

~flag 30 year (Retired) Infantry Sergeant Major  ~flag
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:30:45 PM »

Rgr that CSM

Ron Fogelson

• See You On the Water
  • Admin
  • IMPULSE RODS! Never lets you down in a fight
    • Kistler Custom Fishing Rods
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »

Your entitled you your snowflake, safe space, everyone is a winner for showing up opinion but the ability to freely express is because of actions and blood of those like me.

You did good, make sure you follow up and if it don't go well,,,,,,, hit them with the same BS, let them know you don't feel safe from her personal attack, and if she continues to use trigger words and judge you without being open minded and willing to be tolerant you will contact an attorney.

Bassinlou

• CM Forum Staff
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »

I will start off by saying I am a retired military verteran. I am in college right now and I have 1 semester left and I have been on the dean's list since my first semester. I consider myself a good role model for today's youth. This is all my opinion.

Today, while at school, I was informed by a faculty member that ALL, yes I said all, veterans are a bad influence on students and society as a whole. Now, me being me, I wanted to explode and I did not. I remained calm and sternly explained to her that the only reason she has the ability to run her mouth like that and to judge people is because of a lot of people like me who came before me and shed a lot of blood for her freedom.

Maybe I am wrong by being mad, but I don't think so. If I am being to sensitive please let me know.

I would speak to the Dean of the Dept and discuss with them what occurred, because that's  bull ^-^ !!
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »

I would have torn her up verbally. But, I think you are taking the better route.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

sportsmansfriend

• Ultimate Basser
  • (425)299-1861
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »

Thank you for your service, and no you were not wrong.  I hope the president of the college is respectful and understands that what she did was wrong.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.

flowerjohn

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »

You already have a case against her and she should be dismissed for her assertion. See below and pay particular attention to paragraph b army boy. It ain't allowed at any educational institution

Regents Policy: Principles Against Intolerancea. The mission of the University is to promote discovery and create and disseminate knowledge, to expand opportunities for all, and to educate a civil populace and the next generation of leaders. The University therefore strives to foster an environment in which all are included, all are given an equal opportunity to learn and explore, in which differences as well as commonalities are celebrated, and in which dissenting viewpoints are not only tolerated but encouraged. Acts of hatred and other intolerant conduct, as well as acts of discrimination that demean our differences, are antithetical to the values of the University and serve to undermine its purpose.b. University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, "woops", gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), genetic information (including family medical history), ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, or the intersection of any of these factors. Prohibited discrimination arising from historical biases, stereotypes and prejudices jeopardizes the research, teaching and service mission of the University. This mission is best served when members of the University community collaborate to foster an equal learning environment for all, in which all members of the community are welcomed and confident of their physical safety.c. Human history encompasses many periods in which biased, stereotypical or prejudiced discourse, left unchallenged and uncontested, has led to enormous tragedy. In a community of learners, teachers, and knowledge-seekers, the University is best served when its leaders challenge speech and action reflecting bias, stereotypes, and/or intolerance. Anti-Semitism and other forms of discrimination have no place in the University. The Regents call on University leaders actively to challenge anti-Semitism and other forms of discrimination when and wherever they emerge within the University community.

This is from the directors of the University of Toronto. 

Put her to the mat!!

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »

Good job controlling your emotions. Now saying that people like that who have influence on the minds of our youth need to be put in their place.
Keep on the path you are on.

If that does not work, let us know and we will help in anyway we can.
If you need me I'm outdoors.

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 07:22:24 PM »

You did right by your actions.  Keep us informed of the meeting.

~flag 30 year (Retired) Infantry Sergeant Major  ~flag
^^^Stay off of this guys grass!!!^^^ Lol. I agree.

Sometimes having a calm composure in these situations is better. It makes "people" like them lose their minds. How is it the most ignorant are always "qualified" to be the ones teaching anyways?!..

45B, so...if I leave a 20 in the star chamber, my weapon passes right?   12N/12T myself.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

flowerjohn

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »

^^^Stay off of this guys grass!!!^^^ Lol. I agree. Sometimes having a calm composure in these situations is better. It makes "people" like them lose their minds. How is it the most ignorant are always "qualified" to be the ones teaching anyways?!..

45B, so...if I leave a 20 in the star chamber, my weapon passes right?   12N/12T myself.

If you can't do it you might as well teach it

topdsm0138

• Smallmouth
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »

If you can't do it you might as well teach it

Will Rogers said it best. "There are three types of men who learn in this world. Those who learn by observation, Those who learn by doing and then Those who must absolutely have to pee on the electric fence."

Sandman7925

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 08:53:07 PM »

You’re not wrong.

The thing that makes me so mad these days is not only does everyone think they have things figured out but their ideas are seldom based on any fact at all and they spread their ideas on social media. People nowadays get “news” from comedy shows like jimmy kimmel and Fallon etc.

Opionion:
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

As a personal policy I try not to even use the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 05:42:38 AM »

Thank you for your service!!!

I would do what Ron said, turn their tactics around on them, you have all the same rights they do, big difference, you were willing to do defend them with all that you are!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 07:14:42 AM »

I truly thank all of you for your support with this. I will keep everyone posted 9ver the next few days with hat happens. Thanks again guys!!!

SteelHorseCowboy

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »

Shoot, I was lucky. I went to college in a small conservative southern town. I won't lie, it weren't easy. Being mid 20's, in an unhappy toxic marriage, and still remaining faithful with all those 18-20 year old girls wanting to flirt as soon as they found out I'm a vet. A very small few practically threw themselves at me, the rest just wanted to flirt. Except for that one girl... boy, the things she offered to do made me break a sweat. Glad I'm ugly, I don't think I'd've survived otherwise. But I stayed true, only cause it was morally the right thing to do.
Kinda wish I hadn't though, especially after I found out I was the only one being faithful.

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:12 AM »

Sounds like my first marriage

Thornback

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »

Thank you for your service to country. I'll also say I once served in the hazardous duty branch of the Navy. And I think you are taking the correct action of recourse. But I'm curious exactly what this ignorant person said to you. Do you remember if she gave a reason, or explain her sentiments, or did she just say "all veterans are a bad influence on students and society as a whole". We all have a right to an opinion, but I would like to hear how she formed such an opinion. Can you expand a little more on what she said?

lostboy45b

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 08:14:16 AM »

All she told me was that no students should talk or interact with any veterans because we are all bad influences. No reason given

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 34 queries.