Time for another Tat

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 15, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I have decided to cull my Lew's BB1SHZ in favor of another Daiwa SVTW103.  Not sure if I want the HS model or the XS model as yet.  After a week of hard fishing with the Daiwa reels it just confirms that they work better for me and certainly fit my hands a bit better.  I am going to try to get it before the rally so I can get LMG to do a magic lube to it along with my other two Daiwas.

LgMouthGambler

The monkey has got you with them Tats. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bud Kennedy

This will be my third one and they have really performed well for me.  Ordered #3 this morning and should have it no later than Friday.  Now I am starting to think I need another Dobyns rod but that will have to wait until after the rally. I want to try the tat on my short LSCR before I decide.  FYI the tat I wound up with was the SVTW103XS.  Plan on using the XS on a long rod and move the HS to the short LSCR.  The monkey is still chewing on my other leg at the moment so I guess Monster is gonna have to help me out with a cure. 

Oldfart9999

Sounds like LMG may turn a profit on this trip! lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Captsteve

I want Tatula CT type R left hand in 7.1 so bad I can taste it but it will have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Quote from: Captsteve on October 15, 2017, 05:59:28 PM
I want Tatula CT type R left hand in 7.1 so bad I can taste it but it will have to wait.

Get the Taula svtw, far superior and the same price.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 15, 2017, 04:06:04 PM
Sounds like LMG may turn a profit on this trip! lo
Rodney
I apparently have quite a few reels to dig into this trip. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 15, 2017, 08:08:39 PM
I apparently have quite a few reels to dig into this trip. Lol

<")))>{
It's what happens when you say you'll do a seminar by doing a couple. lo Hope somebody does a video, I'd like to see it!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Saw the title and thought, "Hmm, I could use some more ink too..."

cport

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 16, 2017, 08:05:05 AM

^ This ^  lo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lee Smith

What is this world coming too, LMG is buying Lew's and Bud is buying Diawa's  :-\  :surrender:  :shocking:
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lee Smith on October 16, 2017, 09:41:54 AM
What is this world coming too, LMG is buying Lew's and Bud is buying Diawa's  :-\  :surrender:  :shocking:

Did they do a body swap or something??
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

Shame you're stepping up your arsenal without going straight the the Shimanos that you'll eventually buy :surrender:

Just gonna cost you more in the long run  ~roflmao

Seriously congrats on finding a reel that's comfortable in your hands and you love to use. Hold out for the right buyers, there are folks that feel the same way about Lews, and you can get some money back for your next Tat.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

I gotta tell you it is hard to pin point a Shimano reel.  I don't know their product line and quite frankly not a lot of folks are singing their praises other than to say its good because it is a Shimano.  I might try one one day but won't buy one until I get to give it a test drive.  I used to hear the same story about Revo's as well.  I guess it is what point they are in the hero "woops" curve.

Mike Cork

I personally think the are all good reels. There really are only about three different frames and mechanisms that support all manufacturers. It's the tweaks and size that fit different anglers.  :-*

Sounds like you've found the one for you  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SFL BassHunter

The only gripe I have with Shimano is the Scorpion DC 7 I have. As I have mentioned it sits really high on the reel seat and it triggers my carpel tunnel a lot faster than lower profile reels like the Daiwa's and Lews.
^^This is a personal fit issue. The DC7 is a phenomenal reel, I have found for everything except pitching. It casts light baits, and heavier baits and lures a mile with minimal backlash as the electronic brakes kick in.

Now I don't know if some of the newer Shimanos fit better for me, but I just haven't wanted to risk it since the Daiwa CT frame fits perfectly for me. I have had the urge to look at the Shimano Curado K since its supposed to be a smaller frame. But I don't need another reel at this point. lol

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

basss

Quote from: Captsteve on October 15, 2017, 05:59:28 PM

You won't regret it.  It's so good, I can skip lures without backlash.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

basss

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 16, 2017, 08:05:05 AM

Bah ahaha ha ... good one.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

basss

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 16, 2017, 02:00:37 PM
There really are only about three different frames and mechanisms that support all manufacturers.

Please explain, I'm sure other noobs would interested as well; would def help in my reel selection.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 16, 2017, 01:44:13 PM
I gotta tell you it is hard to pin point a Shimano reel.  I don't know their product line and quite frankly not a lot of folks are singing their praises other than to say its good because it is a Shimano.  I might try one one day but won't buy one until I get to give it a test drive.  I used to hear the same story about Revo's as well.  I guess it is what point they are in the hero "woops" curve.

Don't know about the newer Shimano reels. I have a Chronarch 101A & 100B, Curado 51E and 201E7, Scorpion 4X4 SVS and an Exsence DC.  The 100B isn't small or light, but is an excellent casting reel.  I have used it on a MH and H rod so don't know how it handles light lures, but it is great with lures in the range for those rods.  The 201E7 feels ligher and smaller and is also a casting machine.   ;D

I use the 51Es for lighter lures, but prefer Daiwa for the light stuff.  Other people feel the opposite.  The 51E does fit my hand well.  The 101A is good, but I haven't used it much so my experience with it is slim.  It is the same model I got for my daughter when I had a casting rod built for her.  She no longer uses her spinning gear. 

The Exsence is new-2-me.  Been out once with it, but am in love already.  Set it at F, SP, BB or Max and it is a thumb free casting reel even with the cast control set very loose.  Have to get more familiar with it, but so far it casts as far as most of my other reels.

Polaris425

Christmas is coming up if you want to cull that BB1 my way. lol
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

SteveTX

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on October 26, 2017, 09:47:04 AM
Christmas is coming up if you want to cull that BB1 my way. lol
I think I culled it from him already if its the same one. ;) 
For the record it was like brand new when I got it. I loaded it with some nice power pro and tried it out never adjusted a thing. I measured it it cast 8800 yards barely trying. That is 5 miles on the money for you guys interested. lo   >:D ~roflmao

Seriously Thanks Bud I appreciate the great deal on the one you sold me. It does cast extremely well. Id buy them all day like the one you sold me for the price you sold it to me for.

nats

anyone thinking about a sv tws wants ti immediately check out American legacy, think there 139, don't know how long

Ddyyak

Is there a catch. How are they selling it for $60 less than anyone else when no one is discounting them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk