Lews Super Duty

Started by LgMouthGambler, October 15, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

So having one back in the day, and really liking it, i decided that with the sale I found, I would get a few more. A few as in 3. Today I was determined to get the topwater bite. My spook rig was out with malfunction due to line breaking along a long cast with the Conquest 50. Ended up with the spool in a nest. My next option was the Lews Super Duty 6.4, and the Loomis E6X. It stepped up to the plate quite well. Casting the spook was a breeze, as well as the retrieve being butter. Fighting a few solid snakeheads proved the drag and total performance of the reel to be smooth and solid. Every run the snakeheads would take, the reel was very smooth to let out the drag. Next is the frogging with the 7.1, and flipping the 8.0.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

So when did u start working for Lew's? LOL Nice catching bro

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

I just knew that when you displayed them they would have some aftermarket knobs on them.  ~roflmao
Nice fishing reel(s) you got there.  ~c~

Ponson416

Since they've recently upgraded them to a 20lbs drag, I'm thinking of getting one to upgrade my flipping and pitching rig.
All men are equal before fish

LgMouthGambler

Got this handle for it for $20. Bargain!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 23, 2017, 09:45:35 PM
Got this handle for it for $20. Bargain!

<")))>{
That does look nice. Is that a true CF or a look a like CF?
Also was that a one off eBay find or is someone selling those for $20?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on October 23, 2017, 10:17:34 PM
That does look nice. Is that a true CF or a look a like CF?
Also was that a one off eBay find or is someone selling those for $20?
Its a true CF. Got off someone on another site that took it off their Lews reel.

<")))>{

zSTLj

Really can't go wrong With lews, maybe not every gear ratio ever made but very durable